Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 10-11  (Read 236078 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: NHL Smack Talk 10-11
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »

I see that the "new and improved" Leafs are back  :D I hear that the Leafs are up for sale. Perhaps Chris can put together a consortium and buy that hapless team and fire that bum Burke. ;D

With all the pop and beer cans Chris collects he should have a nice down payment LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #676 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »

Another win and now 101 points in 71 games!! WHAT A GREAT TEAM WE HAVE!!! Obviously they ARE Canadas team!!! Laughs only have 70 points thats 31 points less than the Canucks WOW!!!

When was the last time the Laughs had 101 points in a season? The Canucks have that with 11 games remaining. Sucks to be a LAUGHS fan!!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #677 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:51 PM »

When was the last time the Laughs had 101 points in a season? The Canucks have that with 11 games remaining. Sucks to be a LAUGHS fan!!!!

Don't embarrass the Laughs with that question  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #678 on: March 15, 2011, 07:22:10 AM »

Just a slight bump in the road.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #679 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »

Their is no slight bumps towards the end of the season.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

tortuga

« Reply #680 on: March 15, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

Right, and if you were laying there with your arms and leggs chopped off you would be saying,
"It's only a flesh wound"  ;D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #681 on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »

Hahaha looks like the laughs will be passed by the lowly devils in the next couple of days !!! What a horrible team the make beliefs are !! :o
:)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #682 on: March 16, 2011, 03:39:21 PM »

If the choke artist CASUCKS were in the same position as the leafs were after all star break they would roll over and take it and be fighting for last with edmonton. At least the young leafs are pushing for playoff spot and show very impress character even after trading Versteeg and Kaberle 2 of our better offensive players. The CASUCKS and CASUCK FANS would be complaining and crying and making excuses (also known as victory speech of losers)  about injuries and blah blah blah. I never hear the TML club whine and cry.As a matter of fact always hear them taking accountability. Leaf fans aren't band wagoners either. Good luck in the first round CASUCK fans cause you are gona need it and most likely they will roll over and...well...you know the ending. :P :P :P :D :D

GO LEAFS GO! ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #683 on: March 16, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »

Speaking of choke artists, how are your Flames doing ? Just hanging on a thin thread with other clubs having games in hand. Iginla will be meeting his former team mate Phaneuf on the golf course in a few weeks. ;D ;D Sounds like a guy envious of the Canucks who is about to wrap up 1st place overall.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #684 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »

Speaking of choke artists, how are your Flames doing ? Just hanging on a thin thread with other clubs having games in hand. Iginla will be meeting his former team mate Phaneuf on the golf course in a few weeks. ;D ;D Sounds like a guy envious of the Canucks who is about to wrap up 1st place overall.

The flames will finish 5th or 6 th. I would love the flames to face Casucks. Its pretty much a guarantee that they will win the round.

be worried casuck fans. be worried. Doesn't matter who you face. Flames and chicago would be my last picks if i was a desperate casuck fan.

GO LEAFS! 3-1 win over carolina.

GO FLAMES!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #685 on: March 16, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »

Showing what a great team we are with another win tonight. What a great year to be a leaf fan. ;D ;D ;D

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #686 on: March 16, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

The flames will finish 5th or 6 th. I would love the flames to face Casucks. Its pretty much a guarantee that they will win the round.

be worried casuck fans. be worried. Doesn't matter who you face. Flames and chicago would be my last picks if i was a desperate casuck fan.

GO FLAMES!

lol flames beating the nucks is a long shot. look at the track record over the past few years. canucks dominate. they have proved it this year, no matter who they play or how intense they are, the nucks still find a way to beat them and come out with a W. 

A swung fly is the best fly.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #687 on: March 16, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »

GO FLAMES!

Wow, really grasping at straws, aren't we?  I mean, anything can happen in the playoffs, when you are playing 4 rounds with 4 of the top 16 teams in the league.  Given that 4 points separate  the 8th and 4th team in the west, it is going to be a great play off season.  However, the playoff season is at most 28 games (that's only if every round goes to 7 games), and in the first 71 games of the regular season, the Canucks have only lost 16 games.  That's right 16.  Even if we count every overtime point as a loss (there is no single point in the playoffs) that is still only 25 losses.  That is still better than Calgary's 27 outright losses.  The Canucks have also only allowed 167 goals against in those 71 games.  Only Boston has allowed fewer (166), and with a League leading 233 goals for (that's better than Chicago's 232) they are an incredible +66.  Their worse streak of the season (Jan-Feb) when their defense was decimated by injury, when they could have easily rolled over and had an excuse to do so, they were still playing .600 hockey.  There was no panic when they fell behind 0-2 against Calgary the other night or tonight against Colorado.  This is a team with confidence.  While there may be a psychological factor in a first round match up against Chicago, there would be no worries drawing Calgary in the first round.  Furthermore, I am not sure these Canucks would not like anything more than to draw Chicago in the first round to proven themselves once and for all.  I can tell you that if the Canucks drew Chicago in the first round and won, there would be little stopping them from there.
Not all those who wander are lost

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #688 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »

Showing what a great team we are with another win tonight. What a great year to be a leaf fan. ;D ;D ;D

Does this mean the Griefs are once again rolling, rolling, rolling again ? ;D What a grate team they are.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #689 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »

Wow, really grasping at straws, aren't we?  I mean, anything can happen in the playoffs, when you are playing 4 rounds with 4 of the top 16 teams in the league.  Given that 4 points separate  the 8th and 4th team in the west, it is going to be a great play off season.  However, the playoff season is at most 28 games (that's only if every round goes to 7 games), and in the first 71 games of the regular season, the Canucks have only lost 16 games.  That's right 16.  Even if we count every overtime point as a loss (there is no single point in the playoffs) that is still only 25 losses.  That is still better than Calgary's 27 outright losses.  The Canucks have also only allowed 167 goals against in those 71 games.  Only Boston has allowed fewer (166), and with a League leading 233 goals for (that's better than Chicago's 232) they are an incredible +66.  Their worse streak of the season (Jan-Feb) when their defense was decimated by injury, when they could have easily rolled over and had an excuse to do so, they were still playing .600 hockey.  There was no panic when they fell behind 0-2 against Calgary the other night or tonight against Colorado.  This is a team with confidence.  While there may be a psychological factor in a first round match up against Chicago, there would be no worries drawing Calgary in the first round.  Furthermore, I am not sure these Canucks would not like anything more than to draw Chicago in the first round to proven themselves once and for all.  I can tell you that if the Canucks drew Chicago in the first round and won, there would be little stopping them from there.
your points are valid an noted. However like you said playoffs is a different beast and anything can happen. If you look and casucks and flames history in play offs. Flames dominate.

Last year reg season was pretty even. This year not as good as we liked but this team got going after the break.