Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cohen Inquiry Delayed  (Read 2315 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Cohen Inquiry Delayed
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »

Having Riddell off the advisory panel makes sense. How can the process have any credibility if one of the foxes is guarding the hen house. I'm sure they can use his expertise better by calling him as a witness. I read another article where Ernie Crey was upset that Riddell resigned/dismissed from the panel.  ??? 

I wonder if some bureaucrats are concerned about what may come out and that is why they are dragging their feet on providing the documents.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:10:03 PM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:23 AM »

--my guess is they're not dragging their feet with the documents, a common trick is to provide a Ton of junk that will hopefully put the researchers to sleep and miss something.
--also they don't like to send out the info until all is collected... this prevents the searchers from making press by saying the have 20 pages and one is missing... ( what was in that page)

--some working files will have to be copied so that originals can be sent to the commission.

--I still say open up the whistleblower legislation... I'm sure someone would help point people in the right direction and save some research time.

StillAqua

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »

When I used to work for a Federal dept., I was involved in a judicial inquiry. It is basically a huge trial with lots of lawyers on both sides. Everything a government department is asked to produce for the commission has to be reviewed and vetted through Dept. of Justice lawyers and then the commission lawyers. As with any trial, it's the lawyers that bog things down (and get richer). I remember having to work evenings and weekends for weeks to meet the tight timelines set by the DOJ lawyers, and then they would sit on the information for a month or two "reviewing" it. Another reason I went Indie.