Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changed their minds again - Boston Bar Area?  (Read 4400 times)

sassygrams

Changed their minds again - Boston Bar Area?
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

Really I am not this indecisive, although the people I am going with have changed their minds again :)  Now, we are camping at Boston Bar area - I've searched fishing the Fraser - any runs in there right now for shore fishing?  Fly fishing possibilities?  I have no clue.
Thank you,

Hi everyone.  I am going camping/fishing at Cultus Lake July long weekend.

I've never fished there and was hoping if someone had any advice to feel free to pass along.  Does someone know if it is a F/B lake, and/or fly fishing?

Thank you and have yourselves a great weekend.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:27:31 PM by sassygrams »
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

RossP

Re: Camping/Fishing Cultus Lake, BC
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »

Cultus on the long weekend will be full of speed boats, water skiers and all other manner of fast water craft. Not to conducive to fishing. Early morning would be the best bet. Lots of Pike Minnow in the lake.

Ross
I Love Hunting, golf and anything else that keeps others off the water.

one more cast

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »

Cultus on the long weekend will be full of speed boats, water skiers and all other manner of fast water craft. Not to conducive to fishing. Early morning would be the best bet. Lots of Pike Minnow in the lake.

Ross

Don't plan on getting any sleep there on that week-end...party central :'(

FishOn36

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »

Make sure to bring a gong with you, It's gonna be a show!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:20:36 AM »

Hi everyone.  I am going camping/fishing at Cultus Lake July long weekend.

I've never fished there and was hoping if someone had any advice to feel free to pass along.  Does someone know if it is a F/B lake, and/or fly fishing?

Thank you and have yourselves a great weekend.

If I remember correctly you only have a float tube right? Cultas is not really float tube friendly. You could day trip over to Foley Lake which is off Chilliwack Lake Rd thats a float tube friendly lake. I cant offer any advice on the lake as its been about 4 or 5 years since I last fished it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rides bike to work

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »

which campsite are you staying at?There are lots of little bays that are protected from the boaters.There lots of pike minnow but also lots of trout with more than a few large dollies I would fish gear mainly spinners and such big spoons near the weed beds for big dollies.The partying has calmed down up there lots of security making sure it stays a family park.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »

Not sure about alot of security...I have seen large groups of young people partying away on the docks at Main beach during the summer months. Great place to go for a swim on a hot summer day!

mistermongz

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »

ya i am staying @ cultus for that weekend as well....i guess i will bring my light spinning gear and some spinner and spoons...and some worms ya never know ehhee...
Fish on!!!

sassygrams

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:26:12 AM »

WOW - thanks for the advice.  It would not be my place to camp for sure, although trying to please 3 other people and I am the only fisher person.  So, what we've decided is to find a spot hopefully by the river, but not actually at cultus - any suggestions?  Don't need hook ups just a place for a 25ft trailer and a truck. 
While you're all going to be so willing to reply - feel free to let me know about fishing :)  :) 

Thank you,
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »

check out Thurston Meadows campsite on the upper Chilliwack River, nice place on the river.
Take the T out of Morton.

sassygrams

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

thank you - found a whole bunch of areas along that way from what you provided - :)