Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I hate bad weather :(  (Read 2880 times)

ssd0904

I hate bad weather :(
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:53 PM »

It's fluke season coming up very soon! But the water temp and temperature is too cold to go fishing yet :( Anyways im going to the Army and Navy Parking lot sale and Whole Sale sports opening sale so this week's okay i guess. But next week with my new gears im goin fishin!

fish bonk

Re: I hate bad weather :(
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »

Just go fishing. I have had great days of bottom fishing when it is cold and wet. The fish don't mind!

Nutterbug

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »

Whine...whine...whine...

Cloudy rainy weather is good.  It brings the fish out and keeps the crowds away.

Windy weather, OTOH, is a bad thing.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »

I love fishing in "poor" weather. lots of overcast and some rain is great. Keeps the crowds away, lets me enjoy fishing.
I have to agree with nutterbug about the wind though. Windy weather just messes things up.
invest in some rain gear and enjoy the outdoors

ssd0904

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »

I dont mind slight rain and showers but it's my family because i can't go fishing by myself because i dont have a car. It's not like i can tell my mom to drive 1 hr to Belcarra for me to just fish and she waits in the car or go to the house and come back which takes 2 hours. I just can't do that so that's why i need a nice weather so other family members can play and eat while i fish because it'd be very selfish if my mom had to drive 2 hours just for me to fish.

andychan

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »

Goretex goretex goretex! Also makes the catching of fish more rewarding imo.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:01:46 AM »

ssd0904 i hear ya on the family thing... i was there once too,  ever  think of using the bus to get you to some water to wet your line?
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »

Somebody needs a Whaaaambulance............

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »

ssd0904 i got some rain gear that i dont use ever since i got the proper gear.. will you fit in an XL get-up? its yours...if i can help you stay dry while your out on the water.. its doing a  better job then sitting in my closet...  good thing is layers..  if you get hot  you can take some off.. get cold put some on... makes the day more enjoyable
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:04:38 PM by tight-lines »

ssd0904

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »

ssd0904 i got some rain gear that i dont use ever since i got the proper gear.. will you fit in an XL get-up? its yours...if i can help you stay dry while your out on the water.. its doing a  better job then sitting in my closet...  good thing is layers..  if you get hot  you can take some off.. get cold put some on... makes the day more enjoyable

Tight-Lines, why r u so nice  ;D I'd love it if you would give it to me, but i dono if i should when i haven't done anything for you  ;) Anyways, if  you can email me at tlatmdeh@gmail.com, with speicifc length and sizes, or tell me the brand and model name, because i wanna see if i can fit it in. Also, can you tell me a brief location you are in,(Coquitlam,Burnaby,Surrey) i can ask my mom if she can give me a ride. Thanks!

Also, i will send you the 30% off coupon at some great place i found and you can get a Shimano Stradic CI4 for $180 CAD (with ALL TAX, SHIPPING EVERYTHING INCLUDED) but you decide if you want it or not because i ordered my Daiwa TD Tierra.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »

well an email will be on its way there slayer.. im heading out to a local pond to catch some bucket-mouths... hope your out on the water fishing, soaking up some of this sun... this is what this  forum and and every other forum is about... fishing...  glad i could maybe help you get out on the water more and  maybe catch more fish.... im not some tough 40 year old man on the other side of a monitor typing on a key board thinking he is all that and and a bag of owner hooks... you should come sturgeon fishing one day ssd0904 on a nice day like this you cant really go wrong... talk to you later

ssd0904

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

well an email will be on its way there slayer.. im heading out to a local pond to catch some bucket-mouths... hope your out on the water fishing, soaking up some of this sun... this is what this  forum and and every other forum is about... fishing...  glad i could maybe help you get out on the water more and  maybe catch more fish.... im not some tough 40 year old man on the other side of a monitor typing on a key board thinking he is all that and and a bag of owner hooks... you should come sturgeon fishing one day ssd0904 on a nice day like this you cant really go wrong... talk to you later

I haven't got the email yet or did you not send it? it's tlatmdeh@gmail.com
Thanks!

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »

got home from the pond and just got the jacket out of the closet and its XXL the pants are an XL and need to be thrown out due to a huge hole in the crotch... i guess you could fix them but not worth the time...  if you want the jacket email me... the_greatjoey@hotmail.com  take it easy bigg guy