Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To me Luongo should not be the captain because he cant talk to his players during the game who do you think should be the captain???

Willie Mitchell
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alex Burrows

Author Topic: Luongo Should Not Be the Captain  (Read 7224 times)

hohartmann

Luongo Should Not Be the Captain
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »

Just trying to find out some other opinions. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Luongo Should Not Be the Captain
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »

Must be a slow day today ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

the sedin's seem like pretty quiet guys...mitchell is concussed and may not play for the canucks again being that his contract is up.. Kesler isnt a bad bet. Burrows is a high energy guy and gets his team mates going...hes A material for sure if not C material.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

hohartmann

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »

ya in my opinion if mitchell comes back it would be a good choice, and burrows always tries so hard defenitley between them two. ;D

wizard

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with Don Cherry on this one,  Luongo shouldn't have capataincy duties.  there's a reason goalies are rarely if ever captains. 
the choice is obvious imo, Kesler or hank.  Henrik would be a great captain.  People say he's too quiet this and that but henrik is confident, calm and someone teammates look up to. infact i think he'd flourish as captain of canucks. him and Kelser have come along way since breaking in with the team.

hohartmann

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

don cherry is always right  ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

Mitchell would have made a great captain I think, however I believe that we will not see him in a Canucks uniform ever again... most likely he will finish his career on another team and I highly doubt he will make a showing at this years playoffs.. I definately vote for Kessler, he is the hardest working player on the team, he is outspoken and I think a natural leader.
cheers TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fishguy4ever

• "Live to fish, Fish to live"
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »

Luongo is the only reason the Cannots are where they are today. Very simple answer. If we can't see it, we are all stupid.

jimmywits

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 10:40:26 AM »

Luongo is the only reason the Cannots are where they are today. Very simple answer. If we can't see it, we are all stupid.
If Luongo were not Captain, would we not be where we are now.  I think we are where we are, based on his ability in the net, not in the media scrum.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 01:08:20 PM »

If Luongo were not Captain, would we not be where we are now.  I think we are where we are, based on his ability in the net, not in the media scrum.

The reason they lost is because of luongo being captain. way too much pressure come the playoffs for the netminder to worry about being captain. in no way shape or form can a goalie do the job of captain like a player can. you will see the C stripped from lou next season and it will only help the nucks.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »

The reason they lost is because of luongo being captain. way too much pressure come the playoffs for the netminder to worry about being captain. in no way shape or form can a goalie do the job of captain like a player can. you will see the C stripped from lou next season and it will only help the nucks.

Thats not the main reason we lost. We lost because we have no depth. The defense was a shadow of itself and was giving up odd man rushes and breakaways every game, the forwards were banged up ( Kessler, Burrows, and Samuelsson all had injuries but played anyways ) Nobody could take care of the Hawks forwards infront of Luongo. To blame one person on a team sport is ridiculous to begin with......

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »

Thats not the main reason we lost. We lost because we have no depth. The defense was a shadow of itself and was giving up odd man rushes and breakaways every game, the forwards were banged up ( Kessler, Burrows, and Samuelsson all had injuries but played anyways ) Nobody could take care of the Hawks forwards infront of Luongo. To blame one person on a team sport is ridiculous to begin with......

Concur. They lost because they surrendered 17 power play goals, and being undisciplined an because Luongo was captain.

jimmywits

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »

read the posts more carefully, I'm agreeing with you!

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »

i think trevor linden or kirk maclean should be captain....holmes*

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »

being a goalie myself, i couldn't imagine the pressure added having to be a captain. in all fairness, hes the only player on the ice the entire game. his only chance to motivate the team is off the ice and commercial breaks..... you cannot say luongo had a steller season. look what has happened this year with him being C. a lot different if you ask me. sure our defense was lacking, but look at the injuries.