Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 Fingerling Festival  (Read 1253 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
2010 Fingerling Festival
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:24:39 AM »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2010 Fingerling Festival
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »

Bump back to the top with some updates. Just got off the phone with the organizer. 40,000 chum salmon fry will be available for kids to release in little buckets. 50 stewardship groups will be displaying their projects in the arena so if you are interested in getting involved in a local group, this is the event to be so you can shop around.

Mike from the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and I will be displaying our stuff side by side. He's bringing an aquarium with all the typically stocked trout and char species in BC.

Make it a fishing trip! Sasamat and Buntzen Lakes were just stocked earlier this week and they are only 10 to 15 minute drive from the event.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2010 Fingerling Festival
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »

The turnout was huge today. Thanks to those who dropped by for a chat. We were pretty occupied with so many things going on at once so if I hope we didn't miss anyone. The weather turned out to be pretty good for the salmon release. Port Moody Ecological Society has done an incredibly good job once again, beyond my expectation. More photos and thoughts at:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/blog/?p=169