Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bounty ($20) on coyotes.  (Read 7586 times)

arimaBOATER

Bounty ($20) on coyotes.
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »

Sk. prov. has had a $20 bounty on coyotes recenty. The goal is to control the population of them ; as it is now there are too many of them.
Now I see Nova Scotia has just done the same.
Coyotes when hungry will go after people's pets & livestock.

Seen alot of coyotes in Richmond about 8-10yrs ago...would spot one on average 1x every month at least.
Even in 2004 one big one was running north bound in the middle of the day up Railway about 2 blocks south of the Steveston Hwy.
Haven't seen a coyote in western Richmond now for 5 yrs or so...thus assume City Hall has done something to curb their numbers.
(Thank goodness coyotes do not have an access to legal help as they will say THEY WERE HERE 1ST SO WE HUMANS HAVE TO DEPART ...NOT THEM) Survival of the fittest.

jon5hill

Re: Bounty ($20) on coyotes.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »

:-[

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »

Re: Richmond Coyotes-

I have seen a coyote crossing  @ Alderbridge where the big field is between #4/Garden City as well as near Silvercity ,also a big field, within the last year.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »

I hear the coyotes are masquerading as seals.  

I wish there was a bounty on seals.  I know its a crappy situation to have to cull populations, however, when it puts other species at risk, then I think its justified.  ie: there are a couple seals in the canyon on the Pitt and they're sitting at a choke point waiting for Chinook and Steelhead, and apparently have really limited the number of fish making it up the river.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »

Coyotes were not here first they came from alberta in the 1950s wiping out the fraser valley red fox on the way.the city of vancouver has lots of them and they have there tongues hanging out waiting for the chickins to arrive.

fishgutz63

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

cull the human population save the coyotes ;D

roeman

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »

Just like everything else humans touch they screw up...
Nature evolved without humans before.
To even think we can control populations and make the right deciisions is mind numbing...
Are you fishin or catchin

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »

1950s wiping out the fraser valley red fox on the way
:-\

i've seen three foxes in in mundy park before. two of them three years ago, and one two years ago. i didnt realize there were (or apparently use to be) different kinds of foxes in the valley. and if so, how do these fraser valley red foxes differ (or differed) from regular foxes?  :-\

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 12:36:16 PM »

Richmond is still full of Coyotes.  One is a resident at the park at Garden City which is full of kids on any nice day.  I have seen him skulking about the playground there and called the RCMP.  They did not respond.  I see and hear many others too down in the Steveston area.  Along Westminster Highway by the Automall there are tons of rabbits.  I frequently see Coyotes skulking about there too.
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567