Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trolling For Salmon in Sechelt Sunshine Coast  (Read 1570 times)

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
Trolling For Salmon in Sechelt Sunshine Coast
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

Hey guys, I'm taking a trip out to sunshine coast 3rd week of august.  I've seen ppl trolling for salmon but i have never ever! Experienced a battle with a chinook out in the ocean.  I would love to get on to one.  I've been doing a little bit of research.  I know i'm going to need a portable down rigger.  I'll be renting a boat out there at penderharbourresort.com! Unless we buy one by then.  Beautiful place incase anyone ever decides to make a trip out there.  i definately recomend that resort as a place to check out.

Any tips for a first time beginner.. waters to troll? depth? bait? lures???Flashers??

any info would be great... or if anyone know areas of where to troll for salmon.. as im comletely trying this out blinded...if not thats ok too...

Thanks guys.

Franky,
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Nitroholic

Re: Trolling For Salmon in Sechelt Sunshine Coast
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »

have tried for years around pender harbour with little to show, good prawning though.

check this site for regular reports http://www.user.dccnet.com/fishingsechelt/fishingdiary.htm

c-pin

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »

Hi,

I go up regularly to visit family. The Bjerie Shoal (sp?) is a good place. I was there 2 weeks ago, and all the fish on the sounder were pretty deep (about 200 feet). No fish for me that day.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Bill

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »

Try FishingSechelt.com