Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's a possesion limit?  (Read 5026 times)

skaha

• Old Timer
Re: What's a possesion limit?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

--you're assuming its the reader not the writer?
--the regulations are continuously under review so if something is not clear.. send in a suggestion for better wording or at least point out what the confusing portion is.
--The suggestions should include format as often one has to check in more than one section of the regulations.
-- And yes I carry a copy with me at all times,  just in case someone asks or offers an opinion on what the regulation is.

--There have been some famous fishers charged with breaking the rules, in many cases do to their own expert opinion rather than ignorance.

azafai

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »

so, if it is the readers then what suggestion do you have for solving this problem?
shouldn't adding a summary or a conclusion section to it would solve some lengthy explained parts and some problems?
besides, if someone needs information about a particular part and doesn't have the time to go through all regulations to find his/her answer, in that case, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with posting a simple and short question like the one in this thread.
cheers.

ssd0904

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »

so, if it is the readers then what suggestion do you have for solving this problem?
shouldn't adding a summary or a conclusion section to it would solve some lengthy explained parts and some problems?
besides, if someone needs information about a particular part and doesn't have the time to go through all regulations to find his/her answer, in that case, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with posting a simple and short question like the one in this thread.
cheers.

Thanks. In fact you're right, i was doing my Socials project so i really had no time but to peak at the rules, but it was very complicated and wrong so i just asked if anybody knows on top of their head. But i guess i might have looked like im a bit lazy or something, but i guess there's my fault too.

Anyways, thanks for help.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »

A few points (skaha style)

- if you have time to go fishing you have time to read the regulations.  You not having the time to go through it just means that you are expecting somebody else to go through it for you.  Is this anything other than laziness???
- there is nothing wrong with asking questions if you don't understand something.
- just based on what we know about people in general it is safe to assume that some people are going to have some basic comprehension issues.  That's reality, guys.
- the regs can be confusing regardless of how well you understand written english.

and azafai if it is the readers, it should be obvious who the onus is on.

The meat of what I'm saying here guys is don't blame the regulations if you don't understand something, just ask for clarification and get on with fishing :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »

A few points (skaha style)

- if you have time to go fishing you have time to read the regulations.  You not having the time to go through it just means that you are expecting somebody else to go through it for you.  Is this anything other than laziness???
- there is nothing wrong with asking questions if you don't understand something.
- just based on what we know about people in general it is safe to assume that some people are going to have some basic comprehension issues.  That's reality, guys.
- the regs can be confusing regardless of how well you understand written english.

and azafai if it is the readers, it should be obvious who the onus is on.

The meat of what I'm saying here guys is don't blame the regulations if you don't understand something, just ask for clarification and get on with fishing :)

Thats exactly right. If you dont ask for clarification and you break a regulation you deserve what you get. If someone gets a driving offense and he says to the police officer " The laws are confusing " do you think the police officer is going to care? Probably not. Same goes for fishing regulations.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

ssd0904

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »

And that's what i did.

azafai

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »

exactly...lol
you did nothing wrong.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 04:53:57 AM »

And that's what i did.

Yes you did. I am not talking directly about you. I am simply pointing out the ignorance of others who are not like you. How many times have you been out and seen people fishing illegally? How many times have you spoken to these people and they say "no english"or "I didnt know" those are words of ignorance. They should have done exactly what you did. Maybe they are not on a forum but their are many other ways of finding out this information.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

ssd0904

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

Yes you did. I am not talking directly about you. I am simply pointing out the ignorance of others who are not like you. How many times have you been out and seen people fishing illegally? How many times have you spoken to these people and they say "no english"or "I didnt know" those are words of ignorance. They should have done exactly what you did. Maybe they are not on a forum but their are many other ways of finding out this information.

I agree very much. I went freshwater 2 times and saw 2 people illegally fishing already. They both had two rods, 5 hooks with 5 spinners. I mean i couldnt tell them anything, but yeah. And i see people illegally crab fishing /Fishing everytime i go crab fishing to saltwater piers. So yea they should, or DFO should be there at least 1 time a day at most crowded times, so they can probably catch at least 2 people doing illegal things arleady.