Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whonnock Lake, March 20th 2010  (Read 898 times)

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
Whonnock Lake, March 20th 2010
« on: March 20, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »

went today and thousands of rises hooked two with the pumpkin head but lost them next to the kayak.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Whonnock Lake, March 20th 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »

went today and thousands of rises hooked two with the pumpkin head but lost them next to the kayak.

Was that you out there around 2pm? I was just leaving as you showed up. I was in the Spratley with one of my kids. It was tough fishing for me today as well. Those small ones were all schooled up and on a feeding frenzy really close to the shore in about 1-2 feet of water. I hooked a few but couldnt keep them on. They couldnt have been any bigger than 8-10 inches. Their were some bigger risers just as I was leaving further off shore.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
Re: Whonnock Lake, March 20th 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

Was that you out there around 2pm? I was just leaving as you showed up. I was in the Spratley with one of my kids. It was tough fishing for me today as well. Those small ones were all schooled up and on a feeding frenzy really close to the shore in about 1-2 feet of water. I hooked a few but couldnt keep them on. They couldnt have been any bigger than 8-10 inches. Their were some bigger risers just as I was leaving further off shore.
yeah that was me just as you left  i hooked one and about 30 minutes i hooked another was a lot of  fun.the second one was 12 inches.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:10:59 PM by fly fisher »
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot