Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: whonnock lake  (Read 10401 times)

wizard

Re: whonnock lake
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »

went on friday.  beautiful day to be on the water stillwater flyfishing again!  Only saw 3 fish rise all day...got no action on chironies.  It was fun, till the kayak club came out.  Man the motor boats are annoying.  When he comes out (often 2 boats), it just turns me off and really makes the whole experience unenjoyable for me.  are 10 horse motors really necessary? Waves, motor noise etc...
I know it's been discussed before, but this guy just loves to tell people who tell him no motors .."I'm exempt"!!  he says it's for safety...but c'mon he uses it 100% for coaching.
I could rant all day about it, but I guess I just have to get used to it or fish somewhere else.

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »

went on friday.  beautiful day to be on the water stillwater flyfishing again!  Only saw 3 fish rise all day...got no action on chironies.  It was fun, till the kayak club came out.  Man the motor boats are annoying.  When he comes out (often 2 boats), it just turns me off and really makes the whole experience unenjoyable for me.  are 10 horse motors really necessary? Waves, motor noise etc...
I know it's been discussed before, but this guy just loves to tell people who tell him no motors .."I'm exempt"!!  he says it's for safety...but c'mon he uses it 100% for coaching.
I could rant all day about it, but I guess I just have to get used to it or fish somewhere else.
they were out will i fished and it kept the fish in main areas which was nice. but they should have an electric motor or something more eco friendly
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:07 PM »

I couldn't agree more fly fisher! They shouldn't be using a gas motor except in the event of an emergency...
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

johnk

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »

Yes last year. What about this year? Our local lakes have been producing for a month and a half and have yet to hear a word about Pumpkin Heads. What is a Pumpkin head anyway? In my analysis I would say it is a modified Woolly Bugger or Woolly Worm with an orange bead for a head. Which speaks to me of an egg sucking leach, orange being more visible in murky water. Okay Whonnock tends to be murky, so lets get some reports.

I guess this is as good a place as any for my inaugural post.(oops, I see it's actually my third post)

Newsman, the pumpkinhead is what it is! Thanks for showing so much interest!

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »

Welcome to the site John! Great to see you popping your head in here as well!

Cheers,
Todd
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

johnk

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »

Welcome to the site John! Great to see you popping your head in here as well!

Cheers,
Todd

Thanks Todd. Had forgotten that I joined way back when but I hear so much about this site that I had to see what all the clamour was about!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »

Nothing to see here, just some kids chucking bait. ;D

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »

Getting schooled
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »

Don't worry Rod, John also likes to chuck bait. I wouldn't have believed it myself but I saw him fishing worms under a bobber at Mill lake last week.  :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:20:22 PM by lucky »