Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: steelhead fly  (Read 2290 times)

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
steelhead fly
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »

i have this fly that i can't find in any of the stores it is a tube it was custom tied by a customer at hub. i was wondering if anyone knows were to buy the fly or anyone that can tie it. thanks for the help.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
Re: steelhead fly
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »

you should have no problem getting someone to tie some of those up for you. The fly is VERY simple to tie, just Purple and Pink Marabou. I wouldtie a bunch up for you, but my tube fly attachment broke on me a few weeks back and I don't have a ton of time right now.

Good luck.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

fly fisher

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »

here are some more pics it also has some tan marabou in it. it is5 inches long and has an intruder style trailer hook set up. both are tied the same.
this is the trailer hook

this is the tube.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:47:41 AM »

If i could see it in my own hands i could tell you whats in there because it may have other things you can see very well in there. If its just maribou then its retarded easy to tie  ;D one of the easiest and quickest materials to work with and sure does catch fish. I could tie some up but i dont have enough pink&purple and i also dont have any tube cones (which are pricey so i dont use them)

I can tell you however that its tied with "spey marabou" because of the really long feathers
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

its guinea in the front with marabou, and either a schlappen or hackle palmered in sequence with marabou in the back. if you want i can do up a batch of how ever many you want. just send me the sample.
Fish killer 101

fly fisher

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:22:58 PM »

its guinea in the front with marabou, and either a schlappen or hackle palmered in sequence with marabou in the back. if you want i can do up a batch of how ever many you want. just send me the sample.
well i will be fishing keith wilson area on sunday. if your out i will be using a single hander and i am wearing a black toque. i have a couple of these flys so i could give you one to look at. i can't tye this fly as i don't have enough tying experience.