Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: UFC 109 Card and predictions.  (Read 5381 times)

wizard

UFC 109 Card and predictions.
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »

I hope there's some UFC fans around.  MMA's growth and popularity within the last 5 years or so is amazing.  Here's ufc 109 card an overall strong Card.

Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman;  I'm going with Couture via ref stoppage.
Nate Marquart vs Chael Sonnen;  I'm going Marquart via decision.
Mike Swick vs Paulo Thiago; Interesting fight..Thiago via submission, choke.
Demian Maia vs Dan Miller; Maia via submission.
Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg;  this is a must win for both fighters.  Serra SHOULD win, but I hope trigg.
Canadian talent, Tim Hague vs Chris Tuschscherer;  Chris t via knockout.

there are a couple other interesting fights, Rob emerson vs Phillipe Nover will be a fun one.

What are your thoughts, predictions.  C'mon UFC FANS!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: UFC 109 Card and predictions.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »

Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman;  Couture - Hoping its a classic as these guys were supposed to fight over 10 years ago
Nate Marquart vs Chael Sonnen;  Nate the Great
Mike Swick vs Paulo Thiago; This was supposed to be Josh Koescheck but he is injured so Swick took the fight. I like Swick but I think Thiago wins
Demian Maia vs Dan Miller; Maia
Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg; This is a tough one to call. Serra has not looked good in a long time. Can he make a comeback? I'll take Serra

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »

I like randy in this fight too. I think coleman lacks in conditioning.

Serra can take it but has good chance of getting caught with a knock out-I want to see this fight!

Nate will win impressively in my opinion

Maia should be safe in this fight-submission of the night?

Im not a fan of Swick but he is a good fighter and can hit hard and good cardio. i cant say with any confidence how this will end-Fight of the Night?

GO TIM!!!! he should be very motivated to win after his last performance

Not sure if i will order this fight tho... for me the card not worth the 60 bucks but defiantly worth watching at a bar.

Enjoy!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »

I like randy in this fight too. I think coleman lacks in conditioning.

Serra can take it but has good chance of getting caught with a knock out-I want to see this fight!

Nate will win impressively in my opinion

Maia should be safe in this fight-submission of the night?

Im not a fan of Swick but he is a good fighter and can hit hard and good cardio. i cant say with any confidence how this will end-Fight of the Night?

GO TIM!!!! he should be very motivated to win after his last performance

Not sure if i will order this fight tho... for me the card not worth the 60 bucks but defiantly worth watching at a bar.

Enjoy!

I agree its not worth the $60 and with a PPV every month it gets costly. I pick and choose which ones I order now. The ones I dont I order I watch through a free site on the web

Belong to the "4 F Club"

wizard

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »

the last card was a supposed "weak card" as well, and it turned out to be very entertaining.  Like Dana White says..."the cards that don't get alot of hype ususally turn out being the better events".  I'm not ordering this card, but I'll go to mission springs and watch it for the price of a couple wobbly pops and a burger.  Hopefully there's a couple knockouts or good submissions.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »

Wizard nice call on the Thiago choke on Swick. He nailed him with the left hook, pounced on him and choked him until he was OUT!!! So far all the fights have gone exactly the way we predicted them. 2 more left

Belong to the "4 F Club"

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

Wow what a great fight between Nate and Chael. Nate almost got Chael with the guillotine with one minute left but couldnt  hold it in long enough. I dont think Nate expected that as he is not used to fighting from his back. Chael is an amazing wrestler and now will get a title shot.

The Main Event was brutal. Coleman looked and fought like his age unlike Couture. Couture did whatever he wanted with Coleman. This fight would have been good 10 years ago but its obvious Coleman is done.

Glad I didnt pay for it though I would say 2 or 3 decent fights with the Marquart Sonnen fight being the best.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

wizard

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »

Hey I got a free open faced steak sandwich at mission springs cause I had to wait 45 minutes for it...works for me!!

Thiago is defenitely the real deal.  These jiu jitsu guys who also have solid standup imo are the future of mma.  Swick to me looks just too tentative.  He lays back and waits for his chance, and his last two fights they just never came...Thiago played his game perfectly caught swick with a huge left like you said and put swick to sleep with an amazing darthes choke.

As for couture/coleman...went pretty much the way everyone thought it would.  Gotta give it to Randy, he looks great.  And he says he's still improving...this is not an exaggeration either.  He's going to give ANYONE trouble at 205.

Marquart fight left me really...well, dissapointed with the result.  A great fight, but I wanted to see Nate compete for the belt so bad.  Credit Chael, what a display, completely nullifies nate's standup. the cut was huge, but chael wasn't fazed.  I hope he beats Anderson Silva.  I just feel bad for Nate.  all he needed was 1 minute on top and i beleive he could've finished Sonnen.

overall it was ok.  Serra's KO was pretty sweet, and a very justified stoppage by the ref.  Trigg should retire along coleman imo.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »

pretty weak card but it was to be expected...

Chael whooped nates my friend, no excuses.

coleman shouldnt ever fight again.

thiago looked pretty good, sick D'arce choke for sure....I cringe at his stand up though. sooner or later a good stand up guy is going to KTFO him.  definitely an up and comer for sure.

Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.