Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cuts Continue In BC  (Read 8289 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: The Cuts Continue In BC
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »

Hmmm...for Gordon Campbell and his supporters I have this little take on the situation.  When Gordon Campbell first stepped into his office in Victoria, he found in his office drawer three letters.  There was a note to open the letters in order and only during times of need. When the first signs of trouble arose on the horizon he opened the first letter, and it said  " to blame your predecessor". And that is what he did as he shamelessly blamed everything on  previous NDP governments.  Things went well for  a few years but when things got tough again he opened the second letter, and it said " to blame the economy". And that is what he did as everthing that went wrong in this province was due to the world wide economic crisis. Now looking ahead, when the billion dollar bill for the 2010 Olympics rolls in, and the province is in shambles, Gordo will open the final letter. It will say, " write three letters".  Shamelessly tailored for what is unfolding in B.C., my two cents worth.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »

The third letter should have read, "If I have to open this third letter I should resign"

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

i can't wait until the liberals are gone too. but the other choices are just as grim... NDP. fastcat ferries anyone ::) and the conservatives are just that. conservative... :-[

doesnt leave much room for change...

..unless we all vote green ;D ;) lol. they couldnt do worse then any of the previous government. now if only they would get themselves a decent charasmatic leader they could do better in the poles.

and i have seen the degredation in the local parks. many trails further out have been closed. others go without repairs... and the list of damages goes on.... :'(

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »

I also can't wait for lying  campbell to be gone.With all the fees he introduced for parking and raised fees for camping and such,telling us it was necessary in order to maintain our parks in good order.Obviously more lies.And lets be realistic the only way to get him and his lying party out is to vote NDP.All other votes would make it easier for him to get in again.As far as the fastferry fiasco goes, that was a clark mistake and he his long gone.
 ps I don't know about you all but I have never been able to find anyone that admits to voting for him.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »

Posted on: Today at 03:48:38 PM Posted by: trout80
Insert Quote
I also can't wait for lying  campbell to be gone.With all the fees he introduced for parking and raised fees for camping and such,telling us it was necessary in order to maintain our parks in good order.Obviously more lies.And lets be realistic the only way to get him and his lying party out is to vote NDP.All other votes would make it easier for him to get in again.As far as the fastferry fiasco goes, that was a clark mistake and he his long gone.

u could always vote me into power ;) i would make sure a lot of money went into fisheries and parks and the such 8)
and even make every seventh days, a work free, fishing-hiking-camping-running... only day :P

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »

u could always vote me into power ;) i would make sure a lot of money went into fisheries and parks and the such 8)
and even make every seventh days, a work free, fishing-hiking-camping-running... only day :P
Done you have my vote LOL :D
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:29 PM »

We are looking for a leader of the Fisherman's Party. ;D ;D

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »

We are looking for a leader of the Fisherman's Party. 

lol now that we have 3 votes, we are sure to win...  ;D
then again, if the communist party can do half decently... ::)

wizard

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »

bavarian raven how long will people be talking about the fastcats.  first of all people running ndp now had nothing to do with the fastcats and second of all,put olympics on a scale with fastcats and the scale would lean hard on olympics side (as being a waste of money). 

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »

bavarian raven how long will people be talking about the fastcats.  first of all people running ndp now had nothing to do with the fastcats and second of all,put olympics on a scale with fastcats and the scale would lean hard on olympics side (as being a waste of money).

oh i know the games are a bloody waste of money...no arguments there 8)
te thing that got me about the fast cats always was, that people knew before hand they would not work in these waters yet the government went ahead with them. spent a lot. and ended up selling 'em for a fraction of the price. and true, those people are not in government anymore, i just dont agree with most of the NDP's "goals" or "lies" or "ideas" of what ever term you would like to apply to anyone in government

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »

i can't wait until the liberals are gone too. but the other choices are just as grim... NDP. fastcat ferries anyone ::) and the conservatives are just that. conservative... :-[

Actually the NDP version was built in North Van, by BCers...

The new liberal lemons were built overseas:

http://thetyee.ca/News/2008/11/18/Ferries/

Besides, I'd take a fast ferry over a wholesale rape of the entire province through IPP development, some are happening on some good steelhead rivers... It's deplorable what is going on in our province :(

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin