Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ray Mears on Vancouver Island  (Read 8540 times)

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
Re: Ray Mears on Vancouver Island
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 08:44:53 AM »

yeah man vs wild is fake just because cameramen follow him. that man is crazy even he is " fake ".

but survivorman also fake because LES actually has GPS in his pocket if he needs any help ( nearby maybe ? )

the fact that les is always busy with his cameras really ....
hardware == fish

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »

yeah man vs wild is fake just because cameramen follow him. that man is crazy even he is " fake ".

hehe...nope....   you should do some searching online about man vs wild and see what we're talking about.  What he was "busted" for was overnighting in 4 star hotels and eating 5 course dinners while "on the show"....so basically he goes out, plays around in the bush, pretends to set up camp, and goes back to the hotel for some R&R.  Gets up, has a nice breakfast, fills up on coffee and croissants, then instead of taking a shower they throw dirt on him for authenticity and drive him back out to his destination.  Then through clever camera work (read: shaky camera!) they make stuff seem a lot more dangerous than it is.  Exaggerate a few drops, lie about how far you've travelled and that pretty much covers the show :)  Entertaining though!

At least Les admits to carrying a gps...it would be stupidity not to for a tv show...

Still, if I was stuck in the bush, I'd want Ray Meares there over the other guys.  He's a virtual encyclopedia of survival info.  Besides, I'd be afraid if I was out there with Les that I'd wake up one night and he would be eating my leg.

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:05 PM »

hehe...nope....   you should do some searching online about man vs wild and see what we're talking about.  What he was "busted" for was overnighting in 4 star hotels and eating 5 course dinners while "on the show"....so basically he goes out, plays around in the bush, pretends to set up camp, and goes back to the hotel for some R&R.  Gets up, has a nice breakfast, fills up on coffee and croissants, then instead of taking a shower they throw dirt on him for authenticity and drive him back out to his destination.  Then through clever camera work (read: shaky camera!) they make stuff seem a lot more dangerous than it is.  Exaggerate a few drops, lie about how far you've travelled and that pretty much covers the show :)  Entertaining though!

At least Les admits to carrying a gps...it would be stupidity not to for a tv show...

Still, if I was stuck in the bush, I'd want Ray Meares there over the other guys.  He's a virtual encyclopedia of survival info.  Besides, I'd be afraid if I was out there with Les that I'd wake up one night and he would be eating my leg.

wow i didnt know that
thanks for pointing that out damn that guy tricked me more than 30 hours of my life watching him
what a little b*tch that bears guy

i wil check on ray mers northern wilderness
hardware == fish

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »

hehe...nope....   you should do some searching online about man vs wild and see what we're talking about.  What he was "busted" for was overnighting in 4 star hotels and eating 5 course dinners while "on the show"....so basically he goes out, plays around in the bush, pretends to set up camp, and goes back to the hotel for some R&R.  Gets up, has a nice breakfast, fills up on coffee and croissants, then instead of taking a shower they throw dirt on him for authenticity and drive him back out to his destination.  Then through clever camera work (read: shaky camera!) they make stuff seem a lot more dangerous than it is.  Exaggerate a few drops, lie about how far you've travelled and that pretty much covers the show :)  Entertaining though!

Still, if I was stuck in the bush, I'd want Ray Meares there over the other guys.  He's a virtual encyclopedia of survival info.  Besides, I'd be afraid if I was out there with Les that I'd wake up one night and he would be eating my leg.

Yeah, but any guy that can come across a long dead camel, gut it, and then climb fully inside the abdomen...well, that's just darn good TV in my books!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »

Yeah, but any guy that can come across a long dead camel, gut it, and then climb fully inside the abdomen...well, that's just darn good TV in my books!

HAHAHAH you bet that's why I still watch it if it's on :) 

It's far more entertaining to watch knowing it's set up.....just think.....it's waaay funnier to watch him squeezing juices out of elephant dung and drinking it knowing that he probably just had a bottle of evian rather than thinking it's for survival purposes.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:56 AM »

just wait until u see him run through the woods blindly at night then jump off a cliff into a river at night, all becuz he thought he might have heard a bear near his camp ::)

Please post a link, I REALLY want to see that.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:06 AM »

Please post a link, I REALLY want to see that.

look up man vs wild on "surf the channel", i think its the one where he is down in oregon... :-\ its been a while since i saw it on TV