Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiger, Tiger.....  (Read 5552 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Tiger, Tiger.....
« on: November 28, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »

Interesting what happened to Tiger Woods a few days ago with that late night crash in front of his  house. Does not help that he and his wife are being so tight lipped as to the reasons for the crash, as it has been reported that they refuse to speak to investigators. There is also some speculation that his wife Elin was not trying to rescue him with the golf club from the vehicle, but was actually chasing him out the house with it. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger....just when you thought your knee and golf swing problems had been sorted out.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:12:24 PM by dennyman »

kosanin kosher salt

Re: Tiger, Tiger.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »

there will be not even  half the fans for him now  , he'll now be heckled and jerred at every tournament for a little while now  .  i think i heard jesper parnevik saying  something about him .

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »

Apparently he has said he is going off the tour for a while and is going to work on saving his marriage.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »

They all say that when they get caught.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

Who really cares. Its his personal life and we dont know him personally. His golf game is why we watch him. I have never understood the fascination for athletes and actors/actresses personal lives. I have enough troubles just maintaining my own to worry about others or care.

I will still watch him as he is the best by far....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 07:51:03 AM »

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

He broke a moral standard that most of us hold as having high value. He's a very public figure, why the h&ll should he continue to benefit from the perks? I am very happy that my kids get to see how in spite of his talents and success he is being held to account for breaking one of our moral codes!

On a side note if he was a little smarter he would have taken a lesson from David Letterman on how a public figure should handle this sort of situation.... 

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

He broke a moral standard that most of us hold as having high value. He's a very public figure, why the h&ll should he continue to benefit from the perks? I am very happy that my kids get to see how in spite of his talents and success he is being held to account for breaking one of our moral codes!

On a side note if he was a little smarter he would have taken a lesson from David Letterman on how a public figure should handle this sort of situation.... 

What perks? If he gets a divorce he loses $350 million. He will have to pay for his mistakes and pay dearly. He will also lose sponsorships. I am a happily married man and have been for over 8 years and would never cheat but what he did was not against the law. So if you work for a living and cheat on your spouse you should be fired from your job and not have the right to earn an income? Thats basically what your saying. His golf game has nothing to do with his personal life. One is work and one is personal.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »

What perks? If he gets a divorce he loses $350 million. He will have to pay for his mistakes and pay dearly. He will also lose sponsorships. I am a happily married man and have been for over 8 years and would never cheat but what he did was not against the law. So if you work for a living and cheat on your spouse you should be fired from your job and not have the right to earn an income? Thats basically what your saying. His golf game has nothing to do with his personal life. One is work and one is personal.

We are talking about Tiger Woods not anyone else. Good to hear another sponsor Assante is dumping him. Obviously a lot of people agree with me. Sponsors realize that the public will react against them if they appear to be supporting Tigers infidelity. As far as his wife, I hope she takes him for more than that. Imagine the humiliation she is having to go through all because Tiger couldn't keep his pants on!! And what about his kids. Imagine the hassle they are getting at school......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »

We are talking about Tiger Woods not anyone else. Good to hear another sponsor Assante is dumping him. Obviously a lot of people agree with me. Sponsors realize that the public will react against them if they appear to be supporting Tigers infidelity. As far as his wife, I hope she takes him for more than that. Imagine the humiliation she is having to go through all because Tiger couldn't keep his pants on!! And what about his kids. Imagine the hassle they are getting at school......

My dad cheated on my mother many times. I dealt with it, turned out alright and learned from his mistakes. Tiger Woods is still a human being and just like the rest of us so the comparison I used that he has a right to earn a living playing golf is legitimate and its fair to compare it to any other cheating spouse earning an income. His sponsors will obviously drop him until this all blows over and thats just the right business move for them. His wife signed a prenub so thats why she gets $350 million. She was a nanny before marrying Tiger making an average wage so I think she will be fine. The kids will be fine as well as long as they are loved.

Look he never killed anyone, never did anything against the law. You cant treat him like a criminal. He did something immoral.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:43 AM »

I've always looked at Tiger as a person who understood that part of his role as a highly paid athlete was that he was looked up to by many aspiring adults and young people. This revelation is a disappointment. The cost to him will still be minor relative to his net worth. The message this sends to society however is worth a lot!

I'm pretty sure the same characteristics that made Tiger great will motivate him to recover from this setback and come back to the game in short order.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 04:55:55 PM »

I've always looked at Tiger as a person who understood that part of his role as a highly paid athlete was that he was looked up to by many aspiring adults and young people. This revelation is a disappointment. The cost to him will still be minor relative to his net worth. The message this sends to society however is worth a lot!

I'm pretty sure the same characteristics that made Tiger great will motivate him to recover from this setback and come back to the game in short order.

I agree its a disappointment. That pretty much sums it up the best, more than anything else.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 08:29:51 AM »

In honor of Christmas:

Twas the night of Thanksgiving and out of the house

Tiger Woods came a flyin', chased by his spouse.

She wielded a nine iron and wasn't too merry,

Cause a bimbo's phone number was in his Blackberry.

He'd been cheatin' on Elin, and the story progressed.

Woman after woman stepped up and confessed.

He'd been cheatin' with Holly, and Jaimee, and Cori,

With Joselyn, and Kalika. The world had the story.

From the top of the Tour to the basement of blues,

Tiger's sad sordid tale was all over the news.

With hostesses, waitresses, he had lots of sex,

When not in their pants, he was sendin' them texts.

Despite all his cryin' and beggin' and pleadin',

Tiger's wife went investin' -- a new home in Sweden.

And I heard her exclaim from her white Escalade,

"If you're gettin' laid then I'm gettin' paid."

She's not pouting, in fact, she is of jolly good cheer,

Her prenup made Christmas come early this year!  

One more crack at the Tiger:

What's the difference betwwen Santa and Tiger Woods?

Santa stopped at three ho's