Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake  (Read 2322 times)

Bavarian Raven

Buntzen Lake
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

hey guys, just wondering about fishing later this weekend (or next weekend)... and was wondering if buntzen was still producing fish? (cuz i know it has been cold for the last few weeks but when i was hiking today, saw two boats out there trolling). thanks for any info given. 8)

joeyroach

Re: Buntzen Lake
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »

I was there yesterday for the first time. Me and a friend of mine fished off the dock for a couple of hours in the afternnon. He "released" about a 1lber. When we were leaving a guy had just pulled in his boat, he saw lots of decent fish, but caught none. We were both fishing spoons I tried a few casts with a spinner I made. Almost forgot, saw a C.O. Checked us as well as another gentleman for liscences. First time I have seen one this year....... Buntzen???? What the @#$&.

jimmywits

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

hey guys, just wondering about fishing later this weekend (or next weekend)... and was wondering if buntzen was still producing fish? (cuz i know it has been cold for the last few weeks but when i was hiking today, saw two boats out there trolling). thanks for any info given. 8)
Greetings, that would have been me, and yes it is still producing, but not profusely. I landed a nice 14 incher and lost several others as the bite was very tentative. I was using leeches and spratley's when I got action.

jimmywits

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »

I was there yesterday for the first time. Me and a friend of mine fished off the dock for a couple of hours in the afternnon. He "released" about a 1lber. When we were leaving a guy had just pulled in his boat, he saw lots of decent fish, but caught none. We were both fishing spoons I tried a few casts with a spinner I made. Almost forgot, saw a C.O. Checked us as well as another gentleman for liscences. First time I have seen one this year....... Buntzen???? What the @#$&.
Good to hear it!

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:31:31 AM »

reetings, that would have been me, and yes it is still producing, but not profusely. I landed a nice 14 incher

good to hear they still be biting, if the weather is half decent this weekend i'll give it a shot and let you all know how it goes ;D

thanks for the replies