Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Here it comes  (Read 4241 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Here it comes
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:37:16 PM »

Tread carefully in the next week or so. Best not to wade onto your favorite island in the middle of the river.

Heavy rainfall and flood watch warning

Metro Vancouver
3:39 PM PST Saturday 14 November 2009
Rainfall warning for
Metro Vancouver issued

Rainfall amounts up to 220 mm over West Vancouver Island, up to 150 mm over Inland Vancouver Island, up to 120 mm over Howe Sound..Metro Vancouver..Sunshine Coast..Up to 80 mm over Fraser Valley - west are expected tonight through Sunday night.

This is a warning that significant rainfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intense frontal system over the British Columbia coast will continue to spread southeasterly winds of up to 100 km/h over the central coast and North Vancouver Island. The winds are expected to ease early this evening.

The frontal system will advance southward into and stall over the south coast tonight through Sunday night spreading rain at times heavy over most of the region. Rainfall amounts ranging from 80 mm over the Fraser Valley to greater than 200 mm over West Vancouver Island are expected from this system by Sunday night.

Meanwhile the frontal system is expected to bring 10 to 20 cm of snow to the Whistler area through Sunday morning before the snow changes to rain as temperatures rise. The system will continue to spread snow to the North Coast - inland sections near Stewart tonight through Sunday. 31 cm of snow has already fallen over the region since last night. Further snowfall amounts of 20 to 30 centimetres are expected tonight through Monday.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Here it comes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »

I'll be able to catch them in front of my house !

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »

Take the T out of Morton.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:01:35 PM »

Wonder what time tomorrow the Squamish blows out.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

Checked out the Squamish for a bit and walked up the Mamquam today, was thinking of heading up that way again tomorrow - was hoping to walk down the Cheakamus from the Bailey bridge, does that river stay in good shape longer that the Squamish or similar? It must have got milder up the hill today as the Mamquam rose a good 6inches in the afternoon. Don't want to waste a drive from Van.
Cheers
Nick

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

I guess I better get the pontoon ready as I am sure I will have water front property this week.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fish007

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »

Last chance before flood everywhere. Heading to Satve tomorrow..

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »

Wuz wondering why that white haired guy down the street was building such a big wooden boat... looks about 100 cubits long  :D

But what is he going to do with all those animals in his back yard???
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

jimmywits

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 09:02:04 AM »

Tread carefully in the next week or so. Best not to wade onto your favorite island in the middle of the river.

Heavy rainfall and flood watch warning

Metro Vancouver
3:39 PM PST Saturday 14 November 2009
Rainfall warning for
Metro Vancouver issued

Rainfall amounts up to 220 mm over West Vancouver Island, up to 150 mm over Inland Vancouver Island, up to 120 mm over Howe Sound..Metro Vancouver..Sunshine Coast..Up to 80 mm over Fraser Valley - west are expected tonight through Sunday night.

This is a warning that significant rainfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intense frontal system over the British Columbia coast will continue to spread southeasterly winds of up to 100 km/h over the central coast and North Vancouver Island. The winds are expected to ease early this evening.

The frontal system will advance southward into and stall over the south coast tonight through Sunday night spreading rain at times heavy over most of the region. Rainfall amounts ranging from 80 mm over the Fraser Valley to greater than 200 mm over West Vancouver Island are expected from this system by Sunday night.

Meanwhile the frontal system is expected to bring 10 to 20 cm of snow to the Whistler area through Sunday morning before the snow changes to rain as temperatures rise. The system will continue to spread snow to the North Coast - inland sections near Stewart tonight through Sunday. 31 cm of snow has already fallen over the region since last night. Further snowfall amounts of 20 to 30 centimetres are expected tonight through Monday.
Thanks for the heads up

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »

Ah finally an excuse to just stay home tomorrow ;D

Sometimes it's nice to ignore the gravitational pull of the river... I am worn out and need to sleep in!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

ahans

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »

amen