Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sage Z-Axis 7100-4  (Read 4928 times)

whereismyfloat

Sage Z-Axis 7100-4
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

Looking for any feedback by those who have used this rod. Is it better than the XP?

Thanks in advance.

whereismyfloat

Re: Sage Z-Axis 7100-4
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

yes, I saw that but I am specifically looking for the #7 - 10ft.
Thanks for the info.

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »

Looking for any feedback by those who have used this rod. Is it better than the XP?

Thanks in advance.

I have the 7100-4 Z-AXIS, and use it for stillwater fishing and find it to be the perfect fly rod for Coho fishing (great action for fighting medium and larger sized fish). The 4-piece configuration allows it to fit inside my suitcase, as I have carried it around the world with me and have used it at numerous international competitions. I personally feel that it is a much more "user friendly" rod in comparison to the XP.

Cheers,
Todd
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

whereismyfloat

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »

Hey Tyson,

I had to laugh when I read your post.

Why? Because you were the one who peaked my interest in the the z-axis! (I took your Coho course on the weekend (Mike)).

I have casted the XP in the past and loved it yet through conversation and a bit of research most guys I've talked with firmly believe the z-axis is an improvement on an already great rod in the XP.

I think I've convinced myself the z-axis is the way to go. I am in the market for a new rod, hence the seeking of more opinions. This is will be one of those presents under the Christmas Tree  labeled To: Mike / From: Santa , yet know one knows who actually bought it!  ;)

When the family looks at me funny I'll just say, "Hey don't look at me ... I Believe!"

Mike

ps: If you have never sat with Todd on a Saturday afternoon to discuss all things fishing - you should. His course is great and I highly recommend it! Even the seasoned vet will learn something new.

wolverine

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »

I have the 6110 4 Z-Axis. I originally bought it for summer steelheading but it makes a superb nymph indicator for trout.