Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishing in the fraser in richmond,new west  (Read 1637 times)

scotkemp

fishing in the fraser in richmond,new west
« on: October 05, 2009, 02:57:22 PM »

i am wondering why i cant catch anything in the fraser (south arm annacis island area and deas island) i seen a seal about 100 feet off shore on friday with a fish in its mouth so why cant i catch anything. i was at the vedder this weekend and fishing was great but after work in the evening i try out in vancouver area and nothing. am i wasting my time?

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
Re: fishing in the fraser in richmond,new west
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »

maybe..... theres fish there you just have to put in the time. just follow the tide tables and you will be taking advantage of the prime fishing times. i always go 2 hours before and after the tides low or high. i find the best time is after a very low tide ie 1.0 or 2.0 ft. Use bight colored spinners and spoons ie florescent yellow/green or red/orange. And above all don't rest too long but keep casting and retrieving yours lures alot. the longer it stays in the water the better your chances. the lower fraser is tough but your in the right spots so after a thousand casts you may hook up wth a nice sized spring for your efforts. :)

minsyoo

Re: fishing in the fraser in richmond,new west
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »

not sure about new west, but i fish fraser in richmond a lot, and all i can say is patience IS required. but they're there.  :)