Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your fresh salmon fillets cooked for you while you fish  (Read 9359 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Get your fresh salmon fillets cooked for you while you fish
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »

I see nothing wrong with what they are doing. How is this any different than having a shore lunch on a lake? Why does everything that people see on the Vedder have to be turned into a negative??? I swear some of you just look for things to complain about. Why not enjoy fishing instead of constantly complaining.....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Morty

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

1-800-465-4336

For those of us with Old Timer's disease - on the Telus network it's simply  #RAPP
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

Richmond

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01:58 PM »

For those of us with Old Timer's disease - on the Telus network it's simply  #RAPP

"don't cry wolf"

or they will never show up.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »

I see nothing wrong with what they are doing. How is this any different than having a shore lunch on a lake? Why does everything that people see on the Vedder have to be turned into a negative??? I swear some of you just look for things to complain about. Why not enjoy fishing instead of constantly complaining.....

100 percent agreed. as long as its within the limit i see no issue at all. sound like they enjoyed themselves. freshh fish river side!! heart still beating while you are cooking the flesh! :D

Gaffer

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »

Unbelievable.
Once again...a bunch of East European immigrants (no offense to immigrants), have set up camp up the middle section of the Chilliwack River.
They can barely speak english and have absolutely no idea what the 'regs' are.

They had set up a really nice grill over an open fire of hot coals and such with the metal grill propped above it.
At first I thought they were just having lunch, but a closer look showed they were cooking salmon on it.
And not just one or 2......
There was at least a dozen fillets of salmon on this large grill. Fresh caught this morning.
On the side of the log by the grill, there were all sorts of salmon parts. Heads, fins, tails, skin.....you name it.
There were so many of them fishing, you wouldn't know whether they got their limit or not. A few would fish, a few would cook....and some would just bring salmon from the river, fillet it, and then grill it as well.
You'd think they were feeding 2 or 3 whole families.
There was no way to keep count as they would eat some and then bring some more from the river and cook it too.

I think most of them were pinks but that is still no excuse.
On a more positive note -- obviously a)they were hungry enough to eat Pinks( that most of us won't eat) B) They were not Catching ,gutting the hens ,taking only the roe and leaving the rest ( as some of us residents do ) And chances are they're jobless , homeless , and broke--- Perhaps a little compassion is in order not anger and animosity--- Lighten up Folks---Cheers

Robert_G

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »

I am very suprised at some of the comments in this thread, so I took a second look at my opening post.
How I forgot I don't know, but I seemed to have left out the part that they snagged the majority of the fish they were keeping.
Long leaders....some were dragged in by the belly.
These guys were not fishing ethically at all...period. I was there.....I saw. It was a disgrace. These people were NOT fishermen.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

they snagged the majority of the fish they were keeping.
These guys were not fishing ethically at all...period. I was there.....I saw. It was a disgrace. These people were NOT fishermen.

1-800-465-4336

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »

I am very suprised at some of the comments in this thread, so I took a second look at my opening post.
How I forgot I don't know, but I seemed to have left out the part that they snagged the majority of the fish they were keeping.

Maybe more details in your post is in order than.

If they are keeping snagged fish than that just makes them poachers and should be called in as such.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family