Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Nation BS  (Read 22747 times)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
Re: First Nation BS
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

perhaps if "FN" had better marketing/buisness skills they would not have to DUMP all those exess sockeye, or throw away humpies. I know I paid my way through school, trade school and same post secondary education, FN dont need to pay for this schooling they get it free. It really makes me wonder , if you get soo many benifits because your FN , why dont you use it?
is it easier to rape and plunder OUR rivers, and blame everyone else?
Me as a sportie knows that I have impacted the salmon/steelhead, thats why I give back in money and time.......but throwing away usable fish is just stupid, no matter who you are.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »

i  read somewhere that the sto:lo indian band have their own native fisheries police that watch over infractions caused by band members. i think they are the only band that does this. please correct me if i'm wrong but maybe all interested FN bands should do this (self policing) along with DFO on the fraser. Too much waste and greed the way it is right now.

This is very funny. You can't even trust cops to police themselves what makes you think indians would do the same. Born and raised in ladner I know allmost all the indians on that reserve. Let me tell you These guys don't care about much except for there rights. Right to do anything they want. Indians policing themselves is laughable at best.

hotrod

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »

perhaps if "FN" had better marketing/buisness skills they would not have to DUMP all those exess sockeye, or throw away humpies. I know I paid my way through school, trade school and same post secondary education, FN dont need to pay for this schooling they get it free. It really makes me wonder , if you get soo many benifits because your FN , why dont you use it?
is it easier to rape and plunder OUR rivers, and blame everyone else?
Me as a sportie knows that I have impacted the salmon/steelhead, thats why I give back in money and time.......but throwing away usable fish is just stupid, no matter who you are.

What a great uneducated guess! show the deed to the land that shows it was sold to anyone. with the exception of a few a, at most, you'll never find it.
your land! ha! lmao

Hotrod
all rights reserved

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »

I do own land, and I worked to pay for it. NOTHING was handed to me like other hard working canadians.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »

Actually nobody in Canada owns their land because all of our land is owned by the crown. You just have the rights to use that land, if one day you died and nobody was there to inherit it, it would automatically default back to the crown.

With regards to your comment about raping and plundering the rivers, with your socalled marketing/business skills you should go read some news and see who is acutally the cause of the raping. I"m sure it is the commercial fishermen that do it for a living so if you think the FN are so bad why dont you go give them problems. I"m shocked that someone with "some" post secondary education can come up with what you just said. I guess you still believe learned in the stuff you learned in grade 4 about the pilgrims being friends with the FN and sharing the food story. Its embarassing that the sportfishing community has so many ignorant people. Maybe its time to stop googling fishing information (to be honest i do that a lot) and read some stuff about Canadian history. It wont take long since it is only a few hundred years but wait I guess in your eyes there was nobody in Canada before that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:04:48 PM by Ed »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »

The land title system that we have is also called a Torren's system which was adapted from another country. The reason why we adaped to such a system was because of the growing popularity of the real estate market. In case you dont know what that means it is the buying/selling of your rights to a particular parcel of crown land. However you should note that the system was developed by our government and not theirs so they are not required to have it to have ownership over land.

Maybe you should stop fishing all the time (suggested by your forum name alwaysfishin) and hit some books becuase your ignorance will only worsen any problem. We are merely sportfishermen comparing our fishing standards to a group of fishermen that do it for a living. So back off and let the FN do as they please because the real group of fishermen that cause the greatest impact on the ecosystem are the commercial ones.

BTW if your logic was put into place, maybe one day if CHINA invades Canada i'm sure you'd be cool that you lost your house because they dont go by our system.

If you and hotrod quit calling people "ignorant" you may also learn something! As it is your arrogant attitude will get you less than any respect....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »

First of all i'm not FN or am I here to ask for anyones respect. What I care about, are people making comments about FN when they have no clue whats really going on. You say the FN are stupid for throwing the fish back in the water? But you know what? It brings back nutrients into the water. Like Rodney said in his previous post, commmercial fisheries are smart or how you call good marketing/business skills because they keep the fish and process it into cheap canned fish. Therefore I am curious why you care about the FN throwing the fish back, is it because of the environment or are you just bitter that FN can do something that you can't?

Sportfishing has regulations because we do it for a sport where the FN do it for work. So instead of comparing the FN with the many snaggers/flossers that exist in sportfishing, compare them with the commercial fishermen.

I was also curious what I can learn, if i stop calling people "ignorant"? I'd rather not learn to be judgemental on other cultures just because they are different from us. Also its hard for me to take advice from someone that said, "FN (indians) were settlers, how did we get to the point of suggesting they had legal rights to the land?  Just because they lived in a small part of the land, how does that make it all theirs?" i thought only some typical "Americans" could say something like that and not someone from Canada, especially someone that stated that they had post secondary education. But to answer your questions, they did have legal rights to their land, and just because they dont use a similar land title system doesn't mean it isn't valid. 

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »

Ignorant , is someone who thinks........letting a pink salmon die on the deck of a boat, only to be tossed dead over the side, thinking a dead salmon is good for the environment.

are you for real ? wasting a fish is just that wasting a fish.......I dont care if a native does it or a white guy does it, its just stupid.....stupid

if the salmon is soo important to thier survival why not eat it?

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 03:36:18 PM »

on a different note, I read that the chinese were here on the west coast long before the natives were.

google it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »

First of all i'm not FN or am I here to ask for anyones respect. What I care about, are people making comments about FN when they have no clue whats really going on. You say the FN are stupid for throwing the fish back in the water? But you know what? It brings back nutrients into the water. Like Rodney said in his previous post, commmercial fisheries are smart or how you call good marketing/business skills because they keep the fish and process it into cheap canned fish. Therefore I am curious why you care about the FN throwing the fish back, is it because of the environment or are you just bitter that FN can do something that you can't?

Sportfishing has regulations because we do it for a sport where the FN do it for work. So instead of comparing the FN with the many snaggers/flossers that exist in sportfishing, compare them with the commercial fishermen.

I was also curious what I can learn, if i stop calling people "ignorant"? I'd rather not learn to be judgemental on other cultures just because they are different from us. Also its hard for me to take advice from someone that said, "FN (indians) were settlers, how did we get to the point of suggesting they had legal rights to the land?  Just because they lived in a small part of the land, how does that make it all theirs?" i thought only some typical "Americans" could say something like that and not someone from Canada, especially someone that stated that they had post secondary education. But to answer your questions, they did have legal rights to their land, and just because they dont use a similar land title system doesn't mean it isn't valid. 

Do you honestly think they are throwing salmon overboard thinking that the dead fish are going to provide nutrients to the system? Thats a joke right?

Its simple, they throw the dead males overboard and keep the females because they actually have some monetary value.

Just as Jim said. Wasting is wasting simple as that.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »

Do you honestly think they are throwing salmon overboard thinking that the dead fish are going to provide nutrients to the system? Thats a joke right?

Its simple, they throw the dead males overboard and keep the females because they actually have some monetary value.

Just as Jim said. Wasting is wasting simple as that.

I'm sure they dont do it with that attention but the final effect is that it still provides nutrients. Would not wasting it mean that they should just keep it and process it into cheap canned products?

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 06:24:34 PM »

ed ...you just cant see the forest through the trees.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 06:52:37 PM »

Ignorant , is someone who thinks........letting a pink salmon die on the deck of a boat, only to be tossed dead over the side, thinking a dead salmon is good for the environment.

are you for real ? wasting a fish is just that wasting a fish.......I dont care if a native does it or a white guy does it, its just stupid.....stupid

if the salmon is soo important to thier survival why not eat it?

I didn't mean that it is right to let a pink salmon die on the deck of a boat. I was just comparing the difference between what the FN do and what commercial fisheries do. I'm sure the overal impact the FN create on the environment is very minimal compared to the commercial boats.

Why put so much hate on the FN when the fingers should be pointed at the commercial fishermen? It is sad that someone said that if a native was to drown they woudln't even look twice.

Many cultures around the world have different customs. Chinese culture for example, they eat every part of an animal including intestines etc where it is not as common in caucasian cultures. Does it mean that they are stupid for wasting food? I've seen many white people grossed out by the idea of eating intestines, brains, tripes, and etc so does it mean other people have the rights to call them stupid?

All i'm trying to say is lets just be accepting of each other and dont judge another race just by their practices.

hotrod

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »

I do own land, and I worked to pay for it. NOTHING was handed to me like other hard working canadians.

Wrong again! What you have there is only "color" of title. You don't actually own it! You can't own land that you bought from someone, who never bought it from the true owners! Why don't you google" The royal proclamation of 1763" and maybe you will stop guessing!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:30:54 PM by hotrod »

hotrod

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

on a different note, I read that the chinese were here on the west coast long before the natives were.

google it.

Here's a big load of you know what too! How convenient!! Another good guess but wrong again!

Hotrod
all rights reserved