Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107448 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just a reminder that daily quota for chum salmon is ONE per day. Lately some anglers have assumed that it is two.

rhino

• Old Timer

anyone know if the water is coloured up? was thinking of heading out tomorow.
Thanks,

Robert_G

A tiny bit of colour, but almost no rise.
We didn't get the forcasted amount of rain here.....AGAIN for the umpteenth time this fall.
They constistantly forcast us these rainfalls with amounts, but they must fizzle or something because the Vedder hasn't risen substantailly in over a month.

Banny

I left the canal at 4:30 today and between 11:00 and 4:30 the water rose about 4 inches.  Did not really color up at all though.

Robert_G

Remember that the lower part of the Canal is affected by the tide.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come

It never colored up at all but  Robert G I don't know where you were but it poured!I was totally soaked right through and that also made standing a little treacherous:)

UFC

I've been checking some of the rivers north of the Fraser (ie Coquitlam, Stave) and they've seen huge water level increases, as I believe the Cap has too. Lots of rain in the Surrey area today as well, so I'm surprised the rain didn't hit the Chilliwack valley nearly as hard.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

The water jumped a good 6 inch around 6pm, the jump was enough to send hords of dead pinks floating down river. I think everyone will finally get fish and fresh air again.
The Bigger The Better!

Robert_G

Rantalot, I said it coloured up a 'tiny' bit.
By that I mean it's gone from gin clear to almost gin clear. ;D
To a good set of eyes it was noticeable, but not even close to making a difference in the fishing.

Robert_G

The water jumped a good 6 inch around 6pm, the jump was enough to send hords of dead pinks floating down river. I think everyone will finally get fish and fresh air again.

That is as good as reason as to why we need the river to come up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Checked the river at dark and the color seemed OK but talked to an angler and he said the river at the head of the Canal came up 7 inches. I see the graph at Slesse jumped a foot. The fish will now be leaving the Vedder Canal  in big numbers now and I know where they will be now . ;D ;D

Robert_G

Yeah...the last couple of hours seemed to have some residual water coming in.
Apparantly the upper part of the watershed (around the lake and above) got a little more rain then the rest of Chilliwack.
However.....unless it rains some more tonight and really good, the river will be in good condition in the morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I like the term residual water. ;D ;D No rain falling at this time in the Valley floor.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come

Robert I meant the rain:)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Very heavy rain now.