Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107457 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Fished the canal yesterday afternoon and water levels were fine, good visibility with slight colour. Not affected by rains at all. Seems that storms rain themselve out in city areas and only have enough steam to produce showers in the valley.
It ain't the roe bro'

hue-nut

• Old Timer

rained hard in abby today ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

This one was completely spawned out, just the way I like it. Sometimes you pick one up and it is partially spawned and has been sitting there for months, not good. :-X
With some slugs in it along with a mouse or two for good measure. :o

I told you you should have gone to the hot spot as told you about. ;D Snow not that far up on the hills today in Merritt, no deer yet only some grouse.

I will be connecting with a few coho tomorrow before I head to the salmon rally in Vancouver.

clarki

• Old Timer

Water was silty in the lower end below Yarrow this afternoon. About 2-3 feet vis.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It had some color in it this am but plenty fishable.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water colouration remains good. Clear above the crossing, cloudier below the crossing aand I've been told the reason is that all the spawning pinks are stirring up the gravel while spawning. :)

Water level, quite a bit lower than last week, a bit higher would be nicer.

rhino

• Old Timer

Water colouration remains good. Clear above the crossing, cloudier below the crossing aand I've been told the reason is that all the spawning pinks are stirring up the gravel while spawning. :)

Water level, quite a bit lower than last week, a bit higher would be nicer.

the awesome power of numbers working as one :)

Froodogga

The river is almost unfishable right now...water is too low, dead pinks 8 deep lining the shores, big old boot springs hanging around and the stench from dead fish is almost unbearable.  Please rain...

Robert_G

The river is almost unfishable right now...water is too low, dead pinks 8 deep lining the shores, big old boot springs hanging around and the stench from dead fish is almost unbearable.  Please rain...

Get out of bed before noon and you'll do fine.
I have landed 6 hatchery fish in the last 2 days. All enhaled the roe. All before 9 AM. Short floating the rocks a must.

Froodogga

I suppose the water level is wayyyy higher in the morning, and all those dead pinks aren't dead on the shore in the morning, and that bad smell isn't there in the morning, and all those boot fish aren't there in the morning, and the river isn't infested with dying pinks in the morning... ::)

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Just heard a mudslide happened near the creek above tamahi, river is down to less then a foot of vis at dark.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Just heard a mudslide happened near the creek above tamahi, river is down to less then a foot of vis at dark.

sounds like people should not go out tomorrow :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I suppose the water level is wayyyy higher in the morning, and all those dead pinks aren't dead on the shore in the morning, and that bad smell isn't there in the morning, and all those boot fish aren't there in the morning, and the river isn't infested with dying pinks in the morning... ::)

Robert's wrong, please stay home until river rises. ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

DFO is closing the river for thanksgiving weekend. Too much angling pressure, too many bad turkeys fishing, The Vedder will open back up Tuesday. I thought Id just clear this up so no one gets ticketed tomorrow. Ill be out there reminding anyone who doesnt happen to hear this notice, Ill be packing my rod, but will not be fishing.
The Bigger The Better!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

Dont forget its the Annual Vedder River Campground Coho derby this weekend. Its going to be extra busy out there this weekend. Have fun I will be fishing elsewhere :)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family