Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silvermere lake  (Read 2235 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Silvermere lake
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

For those of you that like to fish this lake the area on the highway that everyone launches their car toppers from now has a fence blocking your access. I drove by it the other day and noticed that someone had put a fence up with a sign that read Private lake. Just thought I would let the bass fishermen know.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Frankey

Re: Silvermere lake
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

Is the lake on private land?

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »

screw them you can still fish the other corner,I saw some poeple there today when i went by.Geehs private lake my arse where did they get the water from?THEY STOLE IT  ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »

Is the lake on private land?

The lake bottom is private as well as the land around the lake except for the land that is by the highway. If you fish from the land by the highway you are ok as well if you launch a boat from the highway side and do not anchor you are ok.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

Cant launch a boat now they fenced it and other side its a bit of a carry to the water.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »

Those fences and signs are illegal. I put a request into the Mission Chamber of Commerce to have the Highways department remove them.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

yamadirt 426

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »

Thankyou Newsman. You are a good guy.  ;D

noxcape

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »

good luck on this one Ive being trying to deal with genstar about this  problem ad because of certain people yamadirt knows who i am talking about these fences have being erected the city of mission has nothing do with his lake as i have contacted then it is genstars lake i know its a crock but the more we leave it alone the better chances everyone will have of eventually being allowed to fish it but the more we get in there faces the harder genstar and the home owners on silvermere will make it to get on there