Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WCVI, August 4th & 5th 2009: Ukee  (Read 1171 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
WCVI, August 4th & 5th 2009: Ukee
« on: August 06, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

On FIRE! Literally!  ;)

Last couple of days were smashingly AWESOME! Hooked up to 75 salmon per morning! Loads and loads of springs to 40 plus, and coho so thick they are a bloody nuisance! Aw but some of those hatchery nuisances are running up to near 18 POUNDS already, so I guess we'll have to live with it  :D

Just a few pix of what's happening...

Still a couple slots left open on my Dance Card for later this month. Drop me a line if you're into some REEL FUN!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
Re: WCVI, August 4th & 5th 2009: Ukee
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:58:27 PM »

Oh Nog why do you do this to me?

Man those are nice fish and I sure wish I was out there right now!

Any ideas as to the origins of the springs and coho?  Do you think that we will have a good coho year in our local rivers?

JustinG

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:02:55 PM »

Fished the Big Bank just South of Ukee (on the weekend) - same results. Couldn't believe the size of the Coho... our largest was a 15lb hatchery buck.

It was non-stop and they would hit anything, even a bare hook skipping on top of the water was taken at one point on our 2nd day.

JustinG

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »

Nog,
Where do you go for Hali's out there? We have tried with very limited success for 3yrs and can't seem to get them with any consistency.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:25:24 PM »

Oh Nog why do you do this to me?

'Cause I can  :P  :D

Any ideas as to the origins of the springs and coho?  Do you think that we will have a good coho year in our local rivers?

A fair number of the springs are Fraser origin, and a few wandering south of The Line. Ran into a whack of Barkley springs just a couple days ago now, so that conveyor belt is kicking in too. The Sound should be heating up right shortly now.

Tough to tell where the coho are from. I'd guess chiefly Fraser and points south. That said, given their size and numbers, I do believe we'll see some strong showings in our local flows this fall. Excellent year for them quite obviously!  ;)

Where do you go for Hali's out there? We have tried with very limited success for 3yrs and can't seem to get them with any consistency.

While the salmon are going like gang-busters out there (amongst the best fishing I've ever seen on the Coast!) the same unfortunately cannot be said for the flat ones. About 2 weeks ago they basically dried up, and it has been tough digging them up. I'd try a few spots out on the Big Bank if I were hunting them now, best chance of success has been out there. Shoot me an E anytime you're wandering over, and I'll fill you in on what I know for the where's...

GREAT times out there Folks! I don't remember fishing this good for many years! Time to get out and PLAY if you can!!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:37:25 AM »

Wandering out the door and back to Ukee now. Will be offshore for the next 5 or 6 days and out of contact. Anyone who thinks they might be interested in checking out this fabulous action, please have a boo at the website: http://www.castawaycharter.com/CMSMS/index.php
Feel free to contact Paul from there, let him know I sent you along, and he'll be able to let you know what I may still have available.

Hope you all are finding your fishing forays to be more than satisfying!! ;D

Cheers,
Nog

PistolPete

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »

That fish would look better with MORE BLOOD on it (just kidding) nice fish...........