Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Bound  (Read 2121 times)

jaez270

Vedder Bound
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:39 PM »

Hey Everyone, i'm heading to the Vedder tomorrow and was looking to see if anyone had fished it recently?
Never fished it before and just wanna land a few fish!!

thanks and tight lines!!

reeler

Re: Vedder Bound
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »

Rafts, kayaks, inner tubes, air mattresses floating past your hook. Kids, dogs, beer and the the odour of wacky baccy.
Find a deep hole around 5am and you may find a Spring if you have roe. A few trout.
Put them on some foil and the sun will cook your lunch.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »

hit the cement slab early to beat the crowd if you wanna basically guarantee yourself a fish  ;) dont need roe just use dark wool clipped about the size of your thumb nail. I hit 6 there like 2 weeks back using wool, buddy and i each took one home  ;D tasted good on the BBQ  ;D ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »

hit the cement slab early to beat the crowd if you wanna basically guarantee yourself a fish  ;) dont need roe just use dark wool clipped about the size of your thumb nail. I hit 6 there like 2 weeks back using wool, buddy and i each took one home  ;D tasted good on the BBQ  ;D ;D

Hey buddy!  Indeed - those reds are nice on the bbq!   :D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »

they sure especially when your not the one cooking it  ;D girlfriends dad cooked it up for us and them, MMMMMMM

give me a call tomorrow about sunday FFM
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Brian

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »

Rafts, kayaks, inner tubes, air mattresses floating past your hook. Kids, dogs, beer and the the odour of wacky baccy.
Find a deep hole around 5am and you may find a Spring if you have roe. A few trout.
Put them on some foil and the sun will cook your lunch.

Haha that's exactly what we saw yesterday.  Hit the lower train bridge at 6am and caught a whitefish.  Catch of the day.  Hit the concrete slab at noon, there was so much traffic it made fishing not fun.  But there were several red springs 'on' while we were there.  None landed, and the people there weren't very friendly.

Fishing is supposed to be fun.  Next time out I'm going to find a less busy fishing hole.