Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Break Ins Near Hope  (Read 1270 times)

TheChumWhisperer

Break Ins Near Hope
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »

Just a word of caution when parking along Hwy 7 near Hope.
I got broken into yesterday afternoon around 430, as did the truck behind me.
We were the only two cars parked there at the time.

Bastards got off with about $500 worth of fishing stuff I had just stocked up on for the upcoming season.
They even took old clothes, shoes and my lucky detroit redwings hat.
Basically cleared out my van and took everything that wasn't bolted down.

I had everything nicely organized for them in two fairly large sorting bins.  They also took my cooler.
So I'm assuiming they had a pickup or van.

Could be god's way of telling me to stop bottom bouncing.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Break Ins Near Hope
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »

Once again we must all learn not to leave valuables in your vehicle. Yes I still am guilty of doing so too but I try to keep my truck in a high visible area even if it means walking a little further. In some cases I think of taking a bike especially when on the Vedder, some do I see. Of course you have to hid your bike or they will steal it too. ???

Too bad our society has seemed slipped so badly the last while. Now you see security guards in banks, grocery stores and even in libraries and police in our schools. Terrible and certainly spoils many a fishing trip worrying what shape your car or truck will be on your return.

Shooter

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »

best thing to do is take only what you plan on using to the river.  if they can see it they can take it.  however, if you insist on taking extra gear with you and plan on leaving it in the vehicle try to cover it up as best you can!

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

These scumbag actions are also killing river fishing in the UK.  Many anglers will now only fish from where they can still see their car.  This is the main reason why commercial day-ticket waters have taken off for concerned anglers.

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »

Obviously leaving nothing valuable in the vehicle is the best thing to do.  But even then it doesn't insure that they won't smash your window.
The pickup truck that was parked behind me was also broken into and he had nothing of value in his vehicle.
I wasn't expecting someone to steal my clothing and old shoes.  They even took a 20 year old cooler that wreaked of white springs.
As for the fishing stuff was my stupid mistake.  Should have never left that stuff in the car.
Its just nice to have all that stuff with me so I can go fishing anyone of my favorite rivers right after work.

The worst thing is the constant worry I will have now everytime I go fishing.
I will leave nothing in my vehicle and probably even leave the doors unlocked or windows down a bit.

They most definately f'd with the wrong guy this time.  " I have a very particular set of skills, and I will use those skills to find them and ............."
I will dedicate a couple hours each time I go out there this summer to hunt these scum.