Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Watch for this.......  (Read 3307 times)

Projecthealingwaters

Watch for this.......
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

This came in the mail for me, saying the e-mail address came from here:

I quote:

" Miss Ameena Mohammad.
City:Abidjan.
West Africa.
Tel: +22504498466

Hello dear,

Dear with profound respect and humble submission,I got your contact in http://www.fishingwithrod.comand I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by the faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Ameena Mohammad, I am the only Daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Ammar Mohammad. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.
It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 20th May 2008. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on May 2008, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Six Million, Five Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$6,500,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and God fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.
I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transfeered to your account and i come over to meet you ?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.
Anticipating hearing from you soon.
Thanks and may God bless you for your concern to help an orphan like me.
Kind Regards,
Miss Ameena Mohammad.
My Tel: +22504498466"

End of quote. Are the e-mail addresses that easy to get on all sites? Anyway I just wanted to give a heads-up. No harm done but you would think this would become pretty familiar thus useless over the years. I have received quite a few of them in the past sent to a "generic" email address but never actually specifying a website.

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: Watch for this.......
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »

Can't you make your email address private on here? I would think that would be the first step in avoiding such emails.

Shooter

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

haha my wife works with a CGA and he finds these clowns online all the time trying to run scams.  best thing is to play along without giving out any of your information then turn it over to the cops.  offer to set up an account on their behalf and once the money is transferred into it you'll gladly help them out!

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »

I just got the same message.  Probably lots of us are going to . . .

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »

Aww - and I thought I had the inside scoop of becoming suddenly wealthy.... :'(  This can't be the same as the Nigerian scandal - she's from Ivory Coast!!!
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

I bet the young lady is majoring in English in university. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »

That's pretty alarming (or more annoying than alarming...). Someone in Nigeria has probably been going through the members list and send out the same letter to those who have their email address displayed.

You can hide your email address in your profile by doing the following:

Go to .

Select "account related setting" on the left.

Check the "Hide email address from public?" option.

Select "change profile" at bottom.

rahmanjoy

• Red-Spring
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »

I got the same email.

This lady (I think a gang of culprit) has hacked and using the Fishing With Rod's Members information.

When you contact them they will ask for $100-$500 dollars to open account, and cheat you.

Don't believe them. It is a gang.
<><   <><   <><

Hook Set

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

I typed it into my phone because my phone tells me where the number is from and it says its from Louisiana but it could be wrong

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »

I received the same e-mail today

RossP

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »

I get all sorts of these types of e-mails daily. I never open them just delete them. Too many internet scams happening out there now. Be very careful of the e-mails you open. If you use outlook be very careful alot of these e-mails are made for outlook to steal your personal information. Be very careful of e-mails from those you do not know.
I Love Hunting, golf and anything else that keeps others off the water.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »

I get all sorts of these types of e-mails daily. I never open them just delete them. Too many internet scams happening out there now. Be very careful of the e-mails you open. If you use outlook be very careful alot of these e-mails are made for outlook to steal your personal information. Be very careful of e-mails from those you do not know.

I get them in my gmail account everyday as well. They automatically go to Spam though. I dont get them in any other of my email accounts though.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »

I have over 500 spam messages in my junk gmail box. It gets automatically emptied every 7 days. I never even think about junk mail.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »

HA HA HA!!!! IT'S ALL MINE!! MINE I TELL YOU!!!!

I just sent my bank and credit card info to the address. You don't think there's anything fishy going on do you? ;)
http://