Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buyer Beware  (Read 8909 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Buyer Beware
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »

"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:58 PM »

Hey, this thread is about fish stock being wiped out by natives illegally at night before any openings for them? This is what we should be discussing, right?  ;)

This kind of acitivities by natives killing fish massively outside of DFO's management planning is what is wiping out the Fraser sockeyes. What will DFO do about it? Nothing much my friend. It is off hours. But they will ticket you for night fishing or standing slightly off boundary. They must think the sporties are the culprits for fish disappearance...  ;D

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »

To get the DFO to do any thing about this someone in the government will have to russel some feathers and take a stand to stop the poaching of salmon. That being said I personally think that no politician will take a stand against the illegal harvest of because it would be political suicide.

louisald

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »

Fishing the Fraser is a great experience that I hope to be sharing with my son one day!

The DFO doesn't fine native fishermen, because they can't afford it :(!! They know what's going on... Just remember that the defense budget for native is endless, we pay for it, we should know.

The problem is cause by us tax payer, we are responsible for these actions. Without us the natives would harvest just what they need and would respect the resource.

I have personally spat out salmon and pushed away the remaining, once I learned it had been purchase from the natives. I explained to my host why I did not want to encourage the rapping of our resource. He didn't realize the impact of such a small purchase could have. I believe most people want to do the honorable thing, they just need to be made aware.

If we are able to change peoples attitude, our resources have a chance  :)

Don