Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sedins signed.. time to accept it..  (Read 5119 times)

Birdsnest

• I'm a llama!
Sedins signed.. time to accept it..
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »

With the hockey fans split 50/50 over the sedins being heroes or bums.. now that we've got them tied up fo 5 years, it's time for everyone to move on, and start dealing with the "second line"..( or is it the first line?)

Can't blame the twins for trying for a 12 year deal. That would guarantee that they'd finish their careers together.    5 years gives the team more safety, in case one of them gets injured, etc...

Always wondered how they'd do seperate... better? worse?

I have to admit, I'm not a huge Sedin's fan,  but they do give us a familiar base to build upon.  Hopefully Aquilini will loosen up the purse strings enough so we can sign Luongo, and add a few more tools to the chest.

Not sure if Gaborik is the answer. .. love him but he's made of glass.  We might have to have him spend his off ice hours sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Sedins signed.. time to accept it..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »

Not sure if Gaborik is the answer. .. love him but he's made of glass.  We might have to have him spend his off ice hours sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber.

You don't have to worry about Gaborik. He's now the Ranger's problem. ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »

Rumour is Luongo already has a contract worked out.

I'm glad the Sedins are back. 164 points between them last season. There is no other pair in hockey that can control the puck like they do. I think the Canucks got them for a very good price with the hopes of signing another big name to give the team a good chance of making it to the finals. However the names in the rumour mill have already signed with other teams (the Marians). It may be a year before the Canucks start spending big money.

I also heard Burke had to turn around in Germany when he found out the Sedins had signed. I guess he was on his way to Sweden too.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »

Nothing to do with opening the purse it has everything to do with the Salary Cap. If you look at other players signing and their salaries we got a fair price for the twins. We also made a really good pick up with Mikael Samuelsson. He played with the twins before and is a winner having played for the Wings and a gold medal in 2006.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »

Samuelsson is definitely a good pick up. He will provide leadership and experience in the dressing room. My concern is he got a good chunk of money for someone who probably wont play on the top two lines.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »

Rumour is Luongo already has a contract worked out.

I'm glad the Sedins are back. 164 points between them last season. There is no other pair in hockey that can control the puck like they do. I think the Canucks got them for a very good price with the hopes of signing another big name to give the team a good chance of making it to the finals. However the names in the rumour mill have already signed with other teams (the Marians). It may be a year before the Canucks start spending big money.

I also heard Burke had to turn around in Germany when he found out the Sedins had signed. I guess he was on his way to Sweden too.

another bogus post...lol...you kill me Dion..hehehe....BB was after and caught Gustafson(SP??)...and having added Komisarek, XLB, Orr, and Dueschein(sp??) the Leafs just got a whole lot meaner...will be a fun team to watch..a much less fun team to pkay against...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »

another bogus post...lol...you kill me Dion..hehehe....BB was after and caught Gustafson(SP??).

Sure. That's why the league is investigating the Leafs for tampering. READ HERE

Get your facts straight!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

Sure. That's why the league is investigating the Leafs for tampering. READ HERE

Get your facts straight!

kinda like Lowe was tampering????

good try tho...;)))

OK...I'll expand just this once...Ron Wilson mentioned he'd like the twins(dumb dumb dumb)...but RW doesn't do the hiring and firing...thats the GM's job....no????....and Bob's yer uncle....see how easily the media whips up a frenzy....;))

mojo

I might add the link was wrong about the date all this took place....imagine...media hype based on media error :D :D :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:08:14 PM by mojoman »
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »

Tampering ? Na, never happens in the NHL :D

Birdsnest

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »

Samuellson is a good pick up, his experience and two way play is fits in,  but part of me wonders if he's what we need.

Looking at last years play offs, we definitely outskated the blues, but we got pushed around by Chicago, Byfuglien, etc...  Feels like we need to get meaner....

Jaws

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 08:33:55 AM »

I do not believe that the Canucks can win the Stanley Cup with the Sedin's in their first line.....just not good enough.

Shooter

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:21 PM »

the canucks need three things to win... a proven goal scorer.... a vetran (like recchi, guerin, brindamor, etc.)... and a goalie who doesn't suck in the playoffs!  not saying Luongo can't do it... but he sure blew it last year.