Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ross Lake  (Read 1594 times)

scuntor

Ross Lake
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:40:08 PM »

Anyone been to Ross Lake in the Skagit Valley? I've heard the Canadian side of the lake can be dry at of the year. Any thoughts on fishing or camping up there?

Robert_G

Re: Ross Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

It's closed to fishing until July 1st, and last I heard there is no water on the Canadian side...but that can change fast.

Davis

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »

Davis here,yes Ross lake is close until July 1st,no fishing,you can go and camp there though,just a word of caution the gravel rd getting in there is long and dusty!The last time i was there i have never seen so many mosquitoes,bring a screen tent to put over the picnic table and lots of insect repellant.Try to camp beside the lake or in the field as the bugs are a little less than camped in the trees.

cohojoe

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »

bring the mosquito electric fly swatter,  i think from canadian tire.   It will be worth its weight in gold if I am right.   The mozzies are so bad everywhere in the bush this summer;  you will be coming home much sooner than you think.   

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »

Me and my family tried camping there last year and the mosqiutos were so bad we lasted about half an hour. We decided to go to Silver lake (just before the start of the gravel road). There weren't any bugs there at all. It was very nice.