Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pens vs Red Wings GAME 7 --- winner takes all.  (Read 3500 times)

arimaBOATER

Pens vs Red Wings GAME 7 --- winner takes all.
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »

This series is like reading a good book.... never know what the next page holds.............. Pens & Red Wings are playing great. ------------------ Game 7 will go to the Wings as they have better goaltending.... but on the other hand ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !!!!!!!! I like both teams but kinda hope the Pens take it as the Red Wings were champs last year... share the Cup around abit. (except Hossa will not feel too good if the Pens take it) Great series !!!!  Predict Red Wings will win it again but I will be cheering on the Pens. :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Pens vs Red Wings GAME 7 --- winner takes all.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »

I predicted Wings right from the start of the playoffs based on Osgood, hell of a money goalie..... but now with the other story lines.... Hossa and the back to back finals for both teams... I am pulling for Pitts.  Besides, I have 10 buck on them!!  LOL
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »

Agreed. Osgood is a far better goalie than Fleury (Pens)  Fleury most times flops down alot after making saves thus any rebound...lifted high normally goes into the net.------------------- Will be cheering for the Pens but happy also for the Wings should they win it. ------------------ Both teams have my respect as to be in the finals 2 yrs in a row (same teams) when the league has SO MANY TEAMS.... really both teams are CHAMPIONS ...win or lose.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:04:05 PM »

Congradulations to the Pens. Right down to game 7 & the score 2-1..... can't get much closer than that.  Both teams are champs & are the class of the league. They played hard & they played clean. ---------------------------- Only wish that 8 teams made the play-offs thus there would only be 3 series to declare a champion. 12 wins instead of 16 wins needed. As it is now the play-offs IN MY OPIONION go too long.... after all it is almost summer & the season just finished yesterday.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »

I like the 16 team playoffs. Just change the first two rounds to best of 5 series. 2 Home games, 2 Away games, 1 Home game.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »

DionJL hi ----------- OR ... have all the series best out of 5 .... then put the FINAL 2 teams best out of 7. ----------  You make a good point though..... It was a great series ... who would of believed the Pens would take it ??? It was like the Red Wings just lost their confedence or energy or something the last 2 games while the Pens got re-newed energy & confedence.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:25:16 PM by arimaBOATER »