Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marble Canyon  (Read 7857 times)

bcguy

Marble Canyon
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:16:37 AM »

Anyone done any fishing up this way, looking at heading up in the next couple of weeks, just trying to figure out at which lake to stay near, for the best fishing. Crown, Kelly, Pavillion, or some where around that area. Anyone have much experience in this area?
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

jimmywits

Re: Marble Canyon
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »

Anyone done any fishing up this way, looking at heading up in the next couple of weeks, just trying to figure out at which lake to stay near, for the best fishing. Crown, Kelly, Pavillion, or some where around that area. Anyone have much experience in this area?
You can't go wrong with Fountain lake and if your going through from lillooett, fountain lake is not as far as the Marble Canyon.

dan

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

Fished Crown lots of times and it's always been good for me.Fishing the narrows and the bay to the right of the beach/launch area is the best i've found.You can't get a trailer down to the lake, so you need a pram or a pontoon boat
Hope this help
Dan

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »

Fished crown two weeks back and I have never had fish hit as hard as they do there. Two broke me off with the initial hit and I had to change to 6lb test. Really fun fish to fish for as they fight like a little salmon with hard runs and jumps. Have never fished fountain but heard there are a ton of fish in there. Im camping at pavillion this weekend and will fish them all and give a report after that.

Good luck
Derek
always a student

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »

Was there this weekend...I think they may have poisoned the first lake as there was zero activity...second lake had some fish but something is wrong there as well...water is really low and the numbers aren't what they were...

The lake over by ashcroft has been doing.....and of course fountain, i've heard good things about...

bcguy

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »

Thanks all for the comments, looks like its gonna be Crown, any good wilderness camping in the area, or is the provincial site worth the money?
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »

I use to fish all the above mentioned lakes years ago.

Crown is best when the water is low. In fact it was crown that and me chuck out the spinning gear back in 86; been fly only ever since. Halfback and Baggy Shrimp are the heavy hitter there at this time of the year.

Fountain is real contender, but it can be real cold up there at this time. This is the lake that turned my wife onto fly fishing and if that had not happened she would not have been around to turn me on to streams. The rest is history. you can thank my wife for that fly fishing class a few years back Paul, if weren't for her I wouldn't be where I am. Anyway if you are heading into fountain at this time it's Baggy Shrimp and Pheasant Tails.

A few more lakes that you will like just over the hill toward Clinton are Leighwood and Pair.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

Leighwood has Brook trout,very shallow lake so stay to the left from the road.

Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.

salmon river

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

Crown Lake

I used to fly fish from shore or wade out and had fairly descent luck for rainbows.

I have fished Pavilion but only from shore right by the hwy and no luck but a boat you may do better.  It is sure a clear and pretty lake though.

I never fished Kelly though.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »

All these lakes are fine if you like catching 8" fish !! Xgolfman and I spent a whole weekend there once catching tiny trout and hoping for the big one lol.. later on after talking to locals who laughed at us .. they told us that Crown and the surrounding lakes are definately not trophy lakes ... 10" fish are humungous in that lake.. the way I look at it why fish there when you are so close to the interior and all the great lakes it offers... or if you want small trout hit up Rice in north van

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Piranha

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »

not trophy lakes. If you want to catch bigger fish go somewhere else. If you don't mind catching little minnows than that place might be for you.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »

bcguy Do remember driving past Pavillion Lake.... (years ago).....as it is next to the road...Remember the lake water is so very clean & clear...(like Lk Louise look alike) Check some guides for info about if they having camping area or whatever.... There's a little grocery store there inwhich I remember buying a hand crafted leather wallet which was so beautiful... lasted me for years... (great price too)...CHECK THIS STORE OUT...Like a "Trading Post".

banx

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »

I used the almighty search button.  :D

anyways, plannin my vacation out for the summer.  has anyone been there from thus forum since 2009? Was planning on spending 4 or 5 days in the area, exploring and fishing.

have a small inflatable boat and electric motor...

has the trout populations bounced back at all since these posts? I see fish bc stocks them at 8g and they are reproductive.
was probably going to visit the other lakes in the area such as cown

your experiences?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:41:21 AM by banx »

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »

Pavilion is a beautiful lake and I can vouch for it holding large trout over a substantial span of years, you could usually see large spawners from the road near the west end.   I haven't fished it in a very long time.  It was usually tough fishing in my experience.