Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: They Are Done But Good  (Read 9040 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
They Are Done But Good
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

I guess there is a lot of sadness in Canuck land this evening. I see I was right in my prediction except one series late. ;D

The Canucks now will have to start building from the ground up as their goaltender showed his dissatisfaction with the team allowing so many goals tonight. ::)

I think we will be picking up a few more Leaf fans by next season as we are on our way up and the Canucks are on their way down. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: They Are Done But Good
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »

Disappointing finish for sure but overall a successful season under the tutelage of rookie GM Mike Gillis given most hockey experts picked the Canucks to miss the playoffs. Not only they made the playoffs but they won their Division. There will be changes in the off season but certainly not "building from the ground" as another team.

I agree with Chris that the Leafs are on their way up. After all, when you're on the bottom rung of the league there is no other way to go but up. ;D

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »

a man once said ...."it is better to have played two rounds of the playoffs than not to have played off at all"

:)

maybe next year your team will actually see some post season play Chris

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »

a man once said ...."it is better to have played two rounds of the playoffs than not to have played off at all"

We will be in the playoffs next year for sure. We are also working on some deals that will surprise you all. ;D ;D ;D Stay tunned.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »

Thought that the Canucks played with heart & passion but in the play-offs 99% of the time the best teams make it to the FINALS & only the VERY BEST TEAM takes home the CUP.  -------------- Red Wings vs Black Hawks should really be a great series.---------------------------------------2 hope so's------------------ Hope Red Wing's eliminate the Black Hawks--------- & hope Canucks get some big aggressive speedy defense men who know how to take the body & not only try to "fish" the puck from the opposition. They allowed way too much open ice & time for the Chicago players to shoot quality shots at the net. Plus how many times did they take liberty with Luongo ???  Ramming him & even sticking him in the head area. --------------- Chicago is a good team but they can play chippy & dirty... Detroit will not take any crap as they will fight FIRE with FIRE. Go Detroit Go.  ---------------- Time will tell.---------

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

We will be in the playoffs next year for sure. We are also working on some deals that will surprise you all. ;D ;D ;D Stay tunned.

Dave Keon and Johnny Bower making a comeback ? ;D

tortuga

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »

I guess there is a lot of sadness in Canuck land this evening. I see I was right in my prediction except one series late. ;D

I think we will be picking up a few more Leaf fans by next season as we are on our way up and the Canucks are on their way down. ;D

If the Canucks had made it to the cup and lost in game 7 you still would have said you were right. Your credibility is shot.

The canucks were beat largely by a group of 4 BC boys that have played together for years. Go chicago. Hail the BC boys.
Yes Lou was a headcase in game 6. Another eastern Canadadian fellow, that explains that.

If you want to see new leaf fans you'll have to look on the other side of the country, not here.  Enjoy.

fishyfish711

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »

The Canucks now will have to start building from the ground up as their goaltender showed his dissatisfaction with the team allowing so many goals tonight.

I thought I read in the Province today brother Lou seemed equally as  disapointed  in his own performance than his teams.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:28:26 PM by fishyfish711 »

fishyfish711

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 10:25:43 PM »

The Canucks now will have to start building from the ground up as their goaltender showed his dissatisfaction with the team allowing so many goals tonight.

I thought I read in the Province today brother Lou seemed equally as  disappointed  in his own performance as his teams.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:34:54 PM »

very dissapointed  of what i witnessed last night .this years team was way better than  the team a few years ago with (nauslund,bertuzzi,morrison) chicago somehow capitalizes on spontaneuos bounces and lucky giveaways . refs missed  quite a few calls .but i am upset somewhat with the team  , the end of the thrid was like a breakdown for the defence and luongo , he aint getting paid 7mill  to let in 4 goals on 9 shots in the time his team needs it most .he admitted it was his fault though. good luck next year. like to see another season with sundin  and many more with the sedins , ohlund will stay. and i still beleive

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:43 PM »

I think Sundin has scored his last goal in the NHL.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

If the Canucks had made it to the cup and lost in game 7 you still would have said you were right. Your credibility is shot.

The canucks were beat largely by a group of 4 BC boys that have played together for years. Go chicago. Hail the BC boys.
Yes Lou was a headcase in game 6. Another eastern Canadadian fellow, that explains that.

If you want to see new leaf fans you'll have to look on the other side of the country, not here.  Enjoy.
Never take sports too seriously as a lot of what is said here is just in jest. Just ask Fish Assassin. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

But I truly mean what I say about the Leafs. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »

The rumour that Sundin had a lower body injury has proven to be true. He was missing both his legs.
"One man of courage makes a majority"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »

;D ;D :D