Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dewdney Slough boat launch  (Read 14145 times)

Ron

Re: Dewdney Slough boat launch
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »

Hi all
 Ditto on the Olympics.I  can't help but wonder how many boat launches the could open on just what all the "olympic" uniforms will cost.
Anyways back to the boat launch.
 I talked to Rep again this morning they are going to try to get the launch open by th end of the month.I told them the DFO is predicting good Sockeye returns
and I know we will need it open.We have been parking there for 40 years and no one has gotten sick.The will try to give me an answer by the 19th.
Here's hoping... Ron

Bonanza

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

My remarks about the olympics were tongue in cheek! I wouldnt go to Whistler if some one bought my pass and offered to Drive me thru eagle ridge bluffs where they  have destroyed the eco system where I grew up!! :-\

odesseus

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:54:06 PM »

Olympics aside, our parks and boat launches should be year round and better staffed. Enough of this user pay, no service business.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »

It is a sad state of affairs with the public being denied access to public campgrounds and waterways! Not that long ago you had access to all the provincial parks and boat launches.I have lived here my whole life and was able to go to all the parks and rivers and lakes any time of the year with out fear of being locked out. Not any more! Thanks to the current party in power I camp less and fish less and spend a lot less money at the tackle store and in small towns that really need the tourist dollars. My wife and dog are happy that I spend more time at home , but I am not a happy camper! Now all I can do is save a ton of money and hope I can watch people ski down a hill at Whistler in 2010. If I sound bitter , I am

Ditto.   It really chokes me to go a forestry campsite immediately after Labour Day and find that it is closed for the season with the gate locked  and yet the contract operator is apparently  living there and hosting his friends.