Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Candidates protecting wild salmon  (Read 3083 times)

Morty

Candidates protecting wild salmon
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »

We've heard lots of comments about protecting our wild salmon but,

Does anyone know of any candidates running for provincial office which have actually come out and said they're in support of protecting our wild salmon?
(if so, which candidate(s) ?)
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: Candidates protecting wild salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »

Funny you should mention that. I was working in a customers home a couple of blocks from mine , and lo and behold, who should show up but the Liberal candidate for my riding. I explained that I didn't live there and the residents weren't home, but since I live just down the road, I did have a few questions. Couldn't answer me squat except the same old retreaded manure I've heard chanted from every Liberal mouth.
Minimum wage - The average is 13 an hour, 50,000 jobs lost if it's brought up to 10
BC Rail- before the courts
Fish Farms- Sound science behind it
Ruin Of The River- Strong environmental assessments done, no damage to fish habitat
van Dongen- Did the right thing
So I saved the best for last- Drunken 54% raise  Campbell and who really is Lara Dauphinee?
Now I must admit, I did toy with the poor person, but watching the squirm turn up I must admit was pretty enjoyable. I think we should all have a chance to ask the tough questions and get some independent thought, not the same thing that pops out of every mouth simultaneously. I want a soloist, not a choir.

It was a short chat. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:02:27 PM by Novabonker »
http://

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »

I dunno about you but penner should not talk, keeps twisting the facts....like "RENTING WATER" ????? WTF??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnehZVBOmjo

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

a e-mail from a friend.......quote-

I was poking around the Liberal and NDP websites looking at their platform documents.

The Liberal platform, as far as I can tell, doesn't make any promises regarding fish management.

A relevant portion of the NDP platform follows:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Protecting land, air, water and wildlife

Gordon Campbell has undermined the enforcement of environmental regulations. Carole James and the

NDP recognize that you can’t enforce meaningful protection without fully funded on-the-ground staff

and resources.

The NDP will:

Fund enforcement of environmental protections and regulations.

• Safeguard and enhance freshwater and saltwater fish stocks:

• Implement the recommendations of BC’s Sustainable Aquaculture Committee,

including the transition to closed containment fish farming within five years.

• Strengthen the Salmon Protection Act and re-establish programs that support the

return of salmon and steelhead runs throughout BC."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Morty

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

GREAT! Thanks for that research Jetboat.

Based on your report, I've searched out that webpage as well and sent that same content forward to my local Liberal candidate.  (I at least want them conscious of the seriousness of our situation in case they do win again).  Just like the politicians, we need to keep pressure on both sides of the fence river
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"