Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smoked Steel  (Read 2973 times)

drh

Smoked Steel
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »

I've got some folks coming over for UFC fight night Sat. night, thought I might smoke the last of my Steel,and share my recipe with the masses, maybe some of you have your own you'll share.
I start with quartered fillets deboned and sliced every half inch nearly to the skin,cover lightly with coarse salt,then cover heavily with demerara sugar.next I sprinkle tang orange crystals followed by Cinnamon powder ,season salt ,garlic powder and a few drops of vanilla and worcestershire here and there,cover the fillets with wax paper and refridgerate for about 24 hours,scooping the brine juice back on the fish often as possible.
Then I'll give it quick rinse with water tomorrow pad dry and into the smoker for approx 6 hours,5 pans of chips.Then at the 6 hour mark I;ll cover everything liberally with 100% pure maple syrup[I've allso got moose strips and Elk steak stips in a separate brine]
At the 7 hour mark I unplug the smoker and an hour or so later I take out the sticky treats and into zip lock bags they go.Man I'm gonna be up late tomorrow. ;D ::)