Introduction to Fly Fishing with Jason Tonelli
This course is designed to give the new fly fisher the basic knowledge, casting skills, and fly fishing strategies to effectively fish our local lakes, rivers, and estuaries. This course is comprised of two sessions: one theory and one casting.
Your instructor for this class is master angler Jason Tonelli. He is the owner of Pacific Angler and has been fly fishing BC’s lakes, rivers, and ocean for over 20 years. His fishing articles and reports have been featured in BC Outdoors Sport Fishing magazine, and the Vancouver Sun. He was also the co-host of the popular fishing radio show BC Wild Country on the Team 1040. Jason brings over 15 years of fly fishing retail experience to the course as well as 10 years guiding experience.
Fly Fishing Theory:
- Rod, reel, and line selection
- Equipment, accessories and knots
- Lake and River entomology
- How to locate fish in lakes and rivers
- Specific techniques for trout, salmon & steelhead
- Proper fly selection and presentation
- When and where to fish BC in Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter
The casting portion will cover the fundamentals of fly casting starting with the basics and moving up to more advanced techniques such as the single and double haul. There will be rod and reels available for each student or you may bring your own rod and reel.
- Foundation of single-hand casting
- The roll cast
- Advanced casting techniques
***Limited to 6 Students per course***
Time & Dates & Location:
Theory Session April 28th 6:30 to 9:30
Casting Session May 3rd 1:30 to 4:30
Theory Session May 20th 6:30 to 9:30
Casting Session May 24th 10:00 to 1:00
Cost: $170.00Please visit our website to view our other courses!