Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks - Leafs Year in Review  (Read 9032 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Canucks - Leafs Year in Review
« on: April 09, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »

Canada's team is rolling rolling rolling into the playoffs. One more win and we have 100 points. We need to win that last game and have Calgary lose atleast one of two to the Oilers to secure third place.

How did the Leafs do? 79 points ( almost 20 points behind the Canucks ) Led the league in goals against ( almost 20 more than the next worse team ) and not even a chance at the number one draft choice. Its a bleak future for the Leafs with no goaltending prospects and no defense. Oh well maybe in another 50 years LOL

Talk all you want Leaf fans but we are headed for the real season the PLAYOFFS!! We also got to enjoy one of the best teams in the league all year.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks - Leafs Year in Review
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

4th year in a row they missed the post season. Golf Leafs Golf ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:19:08 AM »

Your hopes will be dashed very quickly once again but that will give you lots of time to go fishing and out to the links too. ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »

BB...its time you come out of the closet...c'mon budz all you ever do is post about the Leafs...now is a good time to reveal your "heart of hearts"...'s ok...Leafs Nation and Canada's team will welcome you and understand your past transgressions were from a childhood that reeked of loserville...come to the darkside friend...you'll sleep better at night... :D :D

your bud

mojo  ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »

Your hopes will be dashed very quickly once again but that will give you lots of time to go fishing and out to the links too. ;D ;D

That may very well be true Chris but at least we'll be still playing hockey while Curtis Joseph and his team mates are working on their golf swing and tans. :)

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »

That may very well be true Chris but at least we'll be still playing hockey while Curtis Joseph and his team mates are working on their golf swing and tans. :)

and somehow you think Cujo is gonna be back next year...typical one-team fan...knows nothin' but the sista's and Burrows.....lol

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »

Make fun all you want about the Sedins. The Leafs wish they had them. BTW it was Brian Burke who drafted them, the same BB who is now tasked into make the Laughs into a contender. :D Good luck Burkie, you're going to need it.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

Make fun all you want about the Sedins. The Leafs wish they had them. BTW it was Brian Burke who drafted them, the same BB who is now tasked into make the Laughs into a contender. :D Good luck Burkie, you're going to need it.

BB will take a run at the sista's...guaranteed...we have the cap space and they are ok players...I guess...I suppose....wouldn't bother me to pick them up but wouldn't bother me to not get them...I think BB and RW have a good start considering how long they have been here...;))

mojo

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »

OK players ? They'll be superstars on the Leafs team. Wonder what your tune is going to be if they happen to land in Toronto.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »

OK players ? They'll be superstars on the Leafs team. Wonder what your tune is going to be if they happen to land in Toronto.
Once the blue and white is donned by a player they are one of the boys. ;D ;D ;D

By the way we will be rolling, rolling, rolling right along ;D ;D ;D, come October. :D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »

both combined will never be a Sundin....pfffft if you think I'll change my mind on soft players... ::)

mojo  ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »

both combined will never be a Sundin....pfffft if you think I'll change my mind on soft players... ::)

mojo  ;D

Soft? Guess you havent been wathing them lately. Did you see what happened to Henrik a few games ago? He got smashed in the face by a stick, was bleeding, than got up and finished his shift. Ya they are soft LOL. They have really toughened up.

Sedins are not going anywhere. Them, Luongo, Kesler and Burrows are all staying. Same with Mitchell and Bieksa I believe. Time to move Demitra....

Closet Leafs fan? Thats a laugh HAHAHA!!! I am a Philly fan and they have more cups than the Leafs. They won the year I was born.

Canucks in the playoffs, Leafs are not for the 4th time in a row. Thats all that really needs to be said......

Oh and Joseph wont be back in the NHL next year anywhere.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »

mojo  ;D

Soft? Guess you havent been wathing them lately. Did you see what happened to Henrik a few games ago? He got smashed in the face by a stick, was bleeding, than got up and finished his shift. Ya they are soft LOL. They have really toughened up.

Sedins are not going anywhere. Them, Luongo, Kesler and Burrows are all staying. Same with Mitchell and Bieksa I believe. Time to move Demitra....

Closet Leafs fan? Thats a laugh HAHAHA!!! I am a Philly fan and they have more cups than the Leafs. They won the year I was born.

Canucks in the playoffs, Leafs are not for the 4th time in a row. Thats all that really needs to be said......

Oh and Joseph wont be back in the NHL next year anywhere.

so yer not a 'Nuks fan????

mojo always curious.. ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »

Nuks fan first Philly fan second.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 07:06:01 PM »

Nuks fan first Philly fan second.

Philly has more cups than the Leafs???....I think you have had too many cups....lol...

ahhhh....a "switch hitter"....that explains alot... :D :D :D

mojo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:08:10 PM by mojoman »