Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: alouette lake  (Read 1663 times)

rocky

alouette lake
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »

i spoke with a biologist this week re alouette lake. i was curious as to a slow year for kokanee in 08. he said population was down some but this year is up substantially. he also mentioned that the size should also be greater according to survey. also a few lunkers in there to be had. not sure if access is open yet, wasn't last week, but should be anytime now. any news on kawaka?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: alouette lake
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »

Drove up there this morning and the road is now open  ;D . I have also herd that the Maple Ridge chamber of commerce will be hosting a fishing derby at the lake sometime in June. Herd of a big prize too. Will confirm when the exact details come out.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

ja

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »

That would be good news for sure.  Last year wasn't good at all...and I really like Alouette lake as  a local fishing destination.  Does anyone know when fishing gets good for Kokanee there?  Cheers all.

rocky

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »

depends on the weather, usually beginning of may onward. could be later this year unless it really heats up.

ja

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Thanks rocky!  :)