Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sports reporter said..Sundin more than likely will not play for Canucks next yr.  (Read 2638 times)

arimaBOATER

A Global tv sports reporter said that he doesn't think Sundin will play for the Canucks next year..... My re action is why not ? He is an asset to the team.----- What I also have noticed is that the TWINS have come "alive" since Sundin has became part of the Canucks.  Sundin gives the Canucks leadership in the dressing room which helps out the coaches & the man with the C. ( R. L.) ---- Seen the highlights of the game bet. Van. vs Chicago.  4 - 0 !!!  Looked like a rough game as well or at least chippy as there was alot of penalities... Hope they sign TWINS along with Sundin for next yr. ---- Looks like the team is going to make a good run in the UP COMING PLAYOFFS ----They may go far... ("thanks Fish Assassin... spelling of Mats name corrected] 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:31:52 AM by DionJL »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

I think you are referring to Mats Sundin.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

I don't think the Canucks will be able to "afford" the Sedins next year, especially if the cap drops by 10 million as some have suggested....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

DionJL

• Old Timer

Well since Burrows signed for $2M/yr he's suggesting everyone on the team takes a pay cut to make things work (he's assuming he's being underpaid i guess), and his buddy Kesler is following along. Or at least that's what I've heard.

I think Ohlund will probably go. His contract is up at the end of the year and it's a big one. He also hasn't been producing like he has in past years. Might be time to move on.

arimaBOATER

Very good points made.....But with the economy the way it is... maybe every player will have to take a "hit" in their pay check.... the very best & middle of the road players on every team...  (also with the new up-coming salery cap mentioned earlier) ---------- Heard that the City of Detroit has a 25% un employment rate!!! --- Many other US cities have lots of un sold tickets at game time.............. No one likes to take a pay cut but the market has to "correct itself" & sometimes that means scaling back... It is sad when management spents 10 yrs to finally build a great team...that the fans are SO SO EXCITED ABOUT... only to see 4 to 6 players leave because of money...then it is back to square one... Hopefully all the Vancouver players do not get too greedy & all sign on the doted line....& remain intact for years to come as they are proving they are ONE GREAT TEAM....BUT should they win the CUP...this year & 4 players move on to other teams...it will be easier to take as Vancouver hockey fans will be having a party that may last for 3 years or over 1000 days ---non stop !!!!!!! Aprox 40 yrs & no Cup... though they got to the final two teams 2x.