Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Boys Are Quiet Tonight  (Read 2439 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
The Boys Are Quiet Tonight
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »

I guess they lost another. ;D ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: The Boys Are Quiet Tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

i caught the tail end of the game, Halak was looking very very good in net from what i saw.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:31 PM »

I'm sorry but I have to complain about the reffing. I rarely will blame the outcome of a game on the officiating but the 5min penalty on Alex Burrows was Bull$hit.  If someone comes to hit you and you put up your hands to defend yourself there is no way that it is an intent to injure. Yes it is highsticking or crosschecking but in no way did it deserve a 5 minute penalty and a game misconduct. Complete and absolute bull$hit. And it definitely had an effect on the final outcome. 

Anyway, bring on the Bolts.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »

Alain Vigneault will be taking the team steelhead fishing with "the Master" tomorrow to forget about tonight's game. They will be ready for Tampa Bay. 3 wins out of 4 on the road is nothing to complain about.

tortuga

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »

Shots on goal Van-34 Mon-17. Thier goaltender won that game.
It's an easy pill to swallow when your team doesn't beat themselves.
We should have benched Wellwood after his giveaway.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »

I'm sorry but I have to complain about the reffing. I rarely will blame the outcome of a game on the officiating but the 5min penalty on Alex Burrows was Bull$hit.  If someone comes to hit you and you put up your hands to defend yourself there is no way that it is an intent to injure. Yes it is highsticking or crosschecking but in no way did it deserve a 5 minute penalty and a game misconduct. Complete and absolute bull$hit. And it definitely had an effect on the final outcome. 

Anyway, bring on the Bolts.

It just wasn't the five minute major its the fact that you've taken one of Vancouver's clutch players out for the rest of the game.  Both refs also missed the call on Koivu when he tripped Bieksa when he pushed the puck out for the break away goal, the slash that broke Demitra's finger and the eight men on the ice during that first period tussle.  Brutal!  Still the canucks lost out because they couldn't score on any of their PP's, especially the 2 minute 5 on 3 or win a f'ing faceoff all night, especially on those PP's...I think they ended up just over 30% in the faceoff circle.