Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: E-License  (Read 6547 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
E-License
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:59 AM »

Thought that I would put this up so that everyone remembers that this year you will only be able to buy an e-licence. Most shops will have a computer terminal and you can still use cash, debit or a credit card. It will help the shops alot if you have registered prior to going there to buy one. It will make the whole process at the shop alot quicker. You just have to give them your angler number and all the info comes up. Do not loose you number as it will take the government way too long to find it. If you do plan on using a credit card then it is best to purchase it from home. This way you can save a copy to your computer.
Here is the link to help you get started.
https://j100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ras/signin.aspx
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:15:37 AM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: E-License
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

Can you buy the steelhead and salmon tags online as well ?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »

Can you buy the steelhead and salmon tags online as well ?

Yes you can. If you buy your license only you can go back at a later date as long as you have you angler number and add the tags. Everytime you add a tag you have to reprint a license and you throw the old one out. You have to write all fish you recorded on the old one onto the new one.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »

Its handy to purchase an e-license but I read that there can be issues purchasing additional stamps at a shop if they are not rigged up with a computer terminal.  For some reason they would not accept an e-license if they did not have a terminal.  Has that problem gone away now?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

Its handy to purchase an e-license but I read that there can be issues purchasing additional stamps at a shop if they are not rigged up with a computer terminal.  For some reason they would not accept an e-license if they did not have a terminal.  Has that problem gone away now?

No terminal no tags

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

No terminal no tags
OK good to know, thanks fly_guy.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »

The link for the starting page of the online freshwater fishing licensing is http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/. For first timers who maybe unfamiliar with the system, there is a tutorial (pdf file) that you can go through first before purchasing your license online. You can pay for your online license, all conservation surcharges on the website. If you choose to purchase the conservation surcharges later on, you can do that later. As mentioned above, make sure you record your angler number down so you can use it to sign back in for future purchases.

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 07:49:31 AM »

I'm registered.
Thanks for the info Fly Guy and Rod.
Good point Deiter. Poachers can now have a limitless retention. >:(
Smooth move, Exlax.

the giant

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:42:34 AM »

personally i think that will be a joke if you need a e-license,let me guess how many anglers will be on the water without 1 this year.i don't buy anything through a computer just how i am

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »

personally i think that will be a joke if you need a e-license,let me guess how many anglers will be on the water without 1 this year.i don't buy anything through a computer just how i am

If you buy your e-license at a tackle shop you do not purchase your license threw the computer. You only put your info on the computer and you can purchase using cash or debit just like normal.

This year there will be a pilot project happening for the tidal license. It looks like they will be going the same way as the non-tidal.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »

Once registered does the angler number allow you to purchase licences in subsequent years or do you need to re-register ?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »

Once registered does the angler number allow you to purchase licences in subsequent years or do you need to re-register ?

Once registered that number stays with you year after year. This will make the process alot easier the next year as once you log on all your info is there.

crabbing_on_vedder

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »

appreciate you posting is on it...i will get it from there....thanks