Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 25th 2009: First steelie in my first season!!!  (Read 7592 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack River, January 25th 2009: First steelie in my first season!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »

lol i'm thinking... Steal_Head_Fiend... seriously.. can u change it? lol

I can change the username for you if you want. Same goes for anyone who wants to change it at anytime. Please email me at info@fishingwithrod.com with the username that you wish to change to.

Buster

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

Nice comment Cammer. Typical. Is it against the law to drive when you're hung over?  ::) Maybe the boys in blue should give out 72 hour suspensions.

Nice fish.  That'll cure a hang over!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »

"Under the influence" is defined in BC as having a Blood Alcohol content greater than .08 although a officer can also charge you with driving under the influence if you cannot pass a roadside test like touching your nose while standing on one foot, or walking heel to toe in a straight line.

Also you should note that a hangover can last two to three days after drinking. Well past when your body would have processed the alcohol.

When in doubt, ask a UBC engineer student, especially about alcohol consumption. :)

If I recall correctly it goes something like this:

We are, we are the Engineers
We can, we can drink 40 beers..... ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

Drink Rum, Drink Rum, Drink Rum and follow us.

And it's demolish not drink

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »

Congrats, you never forget the the first one!  Obviously your choice of float contributed greatly to your success!! ;D ;)

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »

Well if a perosn was drinking heavily as described, there could defenetly be alcohol still in the blood the following morning.  You might not feel it, but it could still be detected by an ASD.  Why take the chance? 

You dont have to blow 80mg% to get a 24 hour prohib.  Blowing a warn will get you one.  You could alos get one for being high or just in the opinion of the officer that you should not be operating a motor vehicle. 

Congrats on the fish, its a beauty
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:26:51 PM by glx »

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »

nice fish man!the important thing is you got there and back home same. with a fish or not.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

Hung over or not, he still got the job done.
Steal_Mo_Head, good to see a fish in the water.

lol, i actually like that name...!

Rod Change that name please! lol

Incidently, maybe what i should of said was i was just tired from the night before..wasn't like i was drunk or smelt like it.. but my bad!

I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »

lol

"Under the influence" is defined in BC as having a Blood Alcohol content greater than .08 although a officer can also charge you with driving under the influence if you cannot pass a roadside test like touching your nose while standing on one foot, or walking heel to toe in a straight line.

Also you should note that a hangover can last two to three days after drinking. Well past when your body would have processed the alcohol.

When in doubt, ask a UBC engineer student, especially about alcohol consumption. :)

lol

If I recall correctly it goes something like this:

We are, we are the Engineers
We can, we can drink 40 beers..... ;D

coho killer

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »

Congrats this my second year i got one 7th day out to. My first year i got 1 second day (roe sac). Lucky number 7

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »

research alcohol in the system before anybody pops off, i will guarantee he was over the limit, a hangover is the brains way of telling you your lacking fuids(WATER) OR DEHYDRATED from over indulging in alcohol,  and what 3- 4 hours sleep maybe, what is the rate the liver processes alcohol at??   call a spade a spade and at least you can live with yourself for it, everyone has broken the law on here(speeding, underage drinking, etc etc) but im not on here admitting to it, be prepared for comments like that if admitting  an offense especially as heinous as drinking and driving,  sorry case closed

how can you "guarantee" something like that?there are many factors that could effect his alcohol levels. not just sleep.i do agree with you that its a heinous offense to be drunk and driving.doesn't mean steel_mo_head was tho.

patagonia

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »

Wow... did this ever get off track... I would say you just need a little more info cammer before you can start accusing someone of drinking and driving after they say they were hung over... not sure your really backing it up with facts. Having a headache because you had a few beers or a bottle of wine the night before does not mean you are going to be impaired the next morning... If the poor guy drank a bottle of jack and a 6 pack then drove 4 hours after his last drink you may have a point, the point here is the poor guy is excited about his steelhead and makes a post and you without the proper info totally ruin the party on a comment based on pure speculation.... congrats on the fish, ignore the posts that are just really meant to inflame.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »

Hey guys, this is a fishing forum, not O.J's trial or Nancy Grace's column....  ;D

Well done, especially for a newbie solo act. Congrats. Some people take years to hook and land a steelie.  Now you are hooked for life with steelheading.  :D

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:30:45 PM »

Wow! First off, I just want to say thank you all for the comments.. It was the greatest adrenaline ever! And yes i've already thought of buying new gear! I''m definately hook on steal headin for sure!

Just to clear things up cammer.  I had maybe 5-6 drinks the night before.. was not on the river till about 11 or so!! So i got me some sleep had a great breakfast with water and juice! lol I can't believe im having to explain myself on a fishing forum.  I was little tired.  No head aches! as soon as i got on the river the weather hit me and i was feel frickin fantastic!!! Wasn't even sleepy on the ride home! 

So let's fricking for get about it! dayammm!!!

So I'm definately making another trip out to the river this thursday! Maybe i won't drink the night before this time.  ; )

cheers

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

Cammer:

A hangover is the effects of alcohol on the body including dehydration, hypoglycemia, as well as a B12 and Magnesium deficiency. It is the result of drinking and means the body is passed the inebriated state. If you were still drunk you wouldn't feel the effects of a hangover.

The liver process ~1 drink per hour. With 3-4 hours of sleep the alcohol from the last two hours of drinking in a night should be gone.

And as for calling a spade a spade; You are definitely not on here admitting to your illegal actives. You really don't contribute anything useful on here. You don't post reports and you're always quick to find fault in anyone's post. It takes a special person to always see the negative.

I've met you in person and you've always come across as a good guy who is genuinely concerned for the provinces fisheries. I just don't understand why you choose to cause so many problems on here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:34:17 PM by DionJL »