Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad etiquette?  (Read 2462 times)

Rodbender

Bad etiquette?
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »

I was fishing in Lafarge lake today and had an issue with another angler. I was in my float tube trolling close to shore in an area where i was getting hits. As soon as i got a hit or brought in a fish a guy on shore would cast his hard tackle right where my line was or over it. how do you guys deal with this sort of thing without resorting to violence? I asked the guy if he would stop doing it and he didn't speak english (or refused to) and when i moved to a differnt area of the lake , there he was cast right near me or at me! >:(

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Bad etiquette?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »

I get the same thing when I'm fishing rivers. Tell him politely that he's doing is wrong. If he persist either leave or cast over his line ;)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: Bad etiquette?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »

I have had this happen many times over the years by others. mostly in rivers. What i do is reel in their line untangle it a couple times and ask them politely to cut it out, if they continue to do this to then i reel them in and cut off EVERYTHING!!! they quickly learn to cut it out or go somewhere else. I do however keep their gear and if they come to ask me for it i will give it to them along with a polite lesson on fishing etiquette  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/