Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Campgrounds along Vedder  (Read 1931 times)

shoreboar

Campgrounds along Vedder
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »

Hi there....I have fished the Vedder on a few occasions, and now I'm looking to spend this weekend fishing there in a tent trailer. Can anyone provide some recommendations on the local campgrounds. So far, the choices look like: Vedder River Campground, Tamahi and Thurston Meadows. Your thoughts/recommendations on easiest access to the river, availability, cleanliness and avoiding the crazy party crowd and theft? While a newbie to the Vedder, I'm a relatively experienced fisherman who also respects the environments I fish in. I appreciate your reply...Thanks in advance.

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: Campgrounds along Vedder
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:21 AM »

Someone in our party has stayed at the Vedder River Campground the last 8 or 9 years and never had any issues with parties, theft or other.  Also, easy access to lower/mid river.   

WEEFISH

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:28:29 PM »

Veddar River campground is the only 1  of those with full shower facilities. $$ Costs a little more but it is secure and has good fishing access. The others are fine but only outhouses & no running water! They are along the river as-well. Hope this is helpfull!!
<"((((><

shoreboar

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »

Hi All, thanks for the replies.. I hit Tahami Fri-Sun this weekend and it was great. Nice private campsite, just seps  to the river, . Wish the fishing (my fishing) was as good as the campsite.