Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Experience with Siglon F fishing line?  (Read 3649 times)

SnaggedADuck

Experience with Siglon F fishing line?
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »

I read on some forums about this line, has anyone tried it?  I was thinking about trying some 12-15lb clear blue this year as my pin needs some new line.  As well does anyone know where you can buy it short of amazon.com or other US sites?

This is the basic description I find.

SIGLON F FLUORESCENT MONOFILAMENT LINE 
Siglon F fishing line offers an unsurpassed performance due to a unique process that fills the spaces between the nylon molecules with resin. As a result, Siglon F is moisture-proof, curl-free, strong, and shock-resistant with a next to zero memory. A special technique also prevents the fluorescent color of the line from fading and remains strong and flexible no matter how long or how often it’s used.

We have also noted that Siglon F is thinner in diameter by test compared to most other leading brand mono lines. This thinner diameter may be beneficial due to the use of today’s third generation strength fluorocarbon leaders demanding increased main line test and avoiding line brakes above the swivel, while still keeping main line weight & diameter at comfortable levels. 

SnaggedADuck

Re: Experience with Siglon F fishing line?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »

East coast fishers appear to be pretty crazy about it.  Has anyone used it to know if its worth trying?TTT

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »

I asked around last year on the boards about Siglon F, no one out west seems to carry it.

I did see one guy running it at the FWR Steelhead derby, very visible almost looked like fly line from a distance. Can't remember who it was, but the fellow really liked it.

vaskerelva

• Born to fish, forced to work
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »

Siglon F is a very good line, we use it a lot here in Scandinavia - I will fish with it this year in wedder - But which dimension?
Fear no fish

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

So much line around all the same I'm interested to hear about this stuff since it sounds a bit different.

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »

There's some really good reviews on lines at the tackletour website, but I didn't see any on Siglon.  I think it's a really good site for tackle info so have a look here: http://www.tackletour.com/menulines.html .