Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 143992 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Laid off? well that will definately mean youll have to change back to Big Steel.  ;D
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.... but I know the river pretty good right now and I have some really good bait so....I am at least hoping to match my total from the last 2 years... :-[ :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Dont forget your camera  ;)

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Ohhh.... thanks for the reminder..... I actually totally forgot about getting the batteries all charged up!!  :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris..... I just got layed of for the rest of the month, so I will be getting out to the river a far amount lookin for some early steel.  After only getting out for Steelhead once last year, I'm looking forward to it.  I've been working on my gear and Roesacks all day.... ;D
Look forward to seeing you out there again, it should be a good year. ;D
I have everything ready for tomorrow.... you going to be out?   ;D
May slip out in the afternoon if it does not rain too hard and colors up the water.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Didn't see you Chris.....  I had to leave early anyways and get the EI thing started.

The water was in pretty good shape, just the kind of water I like to fish.  Green and about 2-3 feet in the morning.  Looked like it may have been clouding up a bit towards noon but still fishable.  Found some real nice peices of water in teh mid and lower that I'll hit pretty much everytime out.  Need to find a couple more though to get a circuit going...  Thinking about heading back out on Thursday depending on the weather.... and conditions.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Didn't see you Chris.....  I had to leave early anyways and get the EI thing started.

The water was in pretty good shape, just the kind of water I like to fish.  Green and about 2-3 feet in the morning.  Looked like it may have been clouding up a bit towards noon but still fishable.  Found some real nice peices of water in teh mid and lower that I'll hit pretty much everytime out.  Need to find a couple more though to get a circuit going...  Thinking about heading back out on Thursday depending on the weather.... and conditions.
The afternoon rain scared me off. ??? ::)

Big Steel

• Old Timer

The afternoon rain scared me off. ??? ::)
Thursday?  I'll be fishing the lower peach road area to start with....

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

No one fishing from peach to lickman today, 1 30 to dark. No fish....
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Some color on the flow today but was fishable, saw no one fishing in the Lickman Road parling lot area when I was taking a check on the conditions around 10 am.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Supposed to be nice tomorrow.... I think I am going to head out again. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

A new thread has been started for the 2009 Chilliwack River winter steelhead fishery and water condition.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19442.0