Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dry flies on the Alouette, August 8th 2008  (Read 771 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Dry flies on the Alouette, August 8th 2008
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:52:44 PM »

Well since I did not get to do any fly fishing on my trip last week I thought I would take my 7 year old out for some dry fly action on the Alouette this evening. I had tied up some stimulators in size 10 this afternoon to try and give these a go. So after dinner my son and I packed our fly rods and took the short drive down to the river and I helped him cast the fly out and as soon as the fly hit the water they would smash it. Sometimes they would miss but most of the time they would stick. We caught mostly squaw fish and we did get one cutty at around 8 inches. We went to take a pic but it slipped back into the water before the camera came out. Oh well. I did get a few shots of my son with some squaw fish and he did not care what type the fish it was, he was just happy to be catching some fish. It sure is nice to see the look on his face with every fish he caught regardless of the species. It was a great couple of hours this evening trying out some dry flies. Here are a couple of pictures of my son with his fish.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:37:56 PM by Rodney »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: Dry flies on the Alouette
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:50:52 PM »

Fly fished the Alouette a couple of weeks ago with my little sister. Managed a 10" rainbow and lots of smaller guys (many of which were salmon). Didn't put in much time fishin since it was a hot day and the water was ideal for swimming ;D.